• May 22, 2024, 08:23:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: High torque gearing option on Zero SR?  (Read 6441 times)

NanoMech

• Head Wrangler
  • Portola Valley, California
    • View Profile
    • Angler Wranglers Demolition Co., est 1895
Re: High torque gearing option on Zero SR?
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 01:45:08 AM »

Although not an SR, I ordered by 2014 DS with the 25T drive sprocket installed.

The mechanic indicated he had to remove the motor from the bike and heat the shaft to remove the stock sprocket, which was destroyed in the process. It was an hour, or so, of work, and the mechanic recalibrated the speedometer at my 600 mile inspection. Interestingly, my Zero iPhone app now reads a different speed than the bike speedometer.
2014 Zero DS "Wrangler", PowerTank, 25T drive sprocket: www.AnglerWranglers.com

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »

We don't recommend changing this sprocket on the Zero SR for two reasons.  First, the higher torque has resulted in broken belts for some customers. Second, your odometer and speedometer won't read correctly without further adjustment. I know of some customers that do this for racing purposes only but are willing to bear the extra costs that results because the issues it can cause are not covered by your warranty.

Regards,
aaronzeromoto

That suggests to me that the SR should be fitted with a stronger belt from the factory, if a relatively small change (less than 10%) results in broken belts.

Edwin-SR

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 06:23:32 PM »

I ordered a 28t sprocket and it took the dealer 2,5 hours to fit it. They told me that they removed the rear axle to have enough space.

Is it faster? Well, at least it feels faster  ;D The mechanic told me that he was able to wheelie (I didn't try as I don't like that). Next day's I'll try to measure some numbers with an app on the phone.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]