• May 07, 2024, 10:00:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Questions on FastCharging / DigiNow Supercharger  (Read 29495 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
Re: Questions on FastCharging / DigiNow Supercharger
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2017, 03:53:44 PM »

@mrwilson, wow you got a lot from our chats, way cool. Thanks for the assist. One new thing for you, and probably others too is that jplugs are single phase, 2 leg setups. So you use both legs together to get 208-240v.

Mennekes are 3 phase which is also three leg. So you tie a leg to neutral unlike the Jplug where you use the legs together.

@Chicamungo if your charger arrived shoot me an email or a text. I am in FL now, will be in Sarasota later today, and the funeral is Friday. I can do a hangout or duo video chat with you or just chat on the phone with you.

-Brandon

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »

That's all for the USA.  If you are in an area that uses mennkes then a single mennkes has 3 phases available so you can use 3 SCv2 modules or 2 SCv2 modules and the onboard from a single mennkes plug.  From 2 mennkes you could use 6 SCv2 modules for 19.8kW of charging!!
That wrap is so cool, have you considered doing pinstripes on the rim to complement it?

Also a small addition to the quote above; although most public Mennekes are 11kW there are also heaps of 22kW stations and even 43kW stations along the motorways.

Chicamungo

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »

Thanks EC! I'll give you a contact today. I appreciate your readiness to help, even though it sounds like you've got a lot going on.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2017, 11:06:48 PM »

I can't help with documentation on this round. I hope DigiNow has that all worked out well enough now.

My budget is tight between my other Zero projects and getting my girlfriend finally moved to California, so it'll be a bit before I augment my SCv1 with v2.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:41:28 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Chicamungo

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2017, 01:05:09 AM »

So Brandon called me last night and walked me through how to set it all up. Many thanks!

I've taken [bad] pictures of the majority of my steps that I plan on post in a separate thread in the Pics section of the forums. I just want to confirm a couple of things and then mount the J-plug inlet to my power tank then I'll post everything. Just taking a few more precautions to make sure I don't post anything wrong is all.

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2017, 02:06:20 AM »

So Brandon called me last night and walked me through how to set it all up. Many thanks!

I've taken [bad] pictures of the majority of my steps that I plan on post in a separate thread in the Pics section of the forums. I just want to confirm a couple of things and then mount the J-plug inlet to my power tank then I'll post everything. Just taking a few more precautions to make sure I don't post anything wrong is all.
Thanks for doing this. Please take lots of pics! Mine will be here in a week or two.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »

I got mine and set it up for external use until I get my 2017 Zero. Can we type up some basics on the installation and beg Mr. Willson to include them in his amazing online manual?

Also, I don't see a mounting bracket in mine...?
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »

I got mine and set it up for external use until I get my 2017 Zero. Can we type up some basics on the installation and beg Mr. Willson to include them in his amazing online manual?

If you are referring to: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Main_Page

Or more specifically: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Aftermarket#DigiNow_Super_Charger

The web page is hosted by @MrDude1 and @BrianTRice does the bulk of the work on adding content with others like @Shadow chipping in.  I haven't ever done any editing of the site.

As for Super Charger Installation instructions...

@Doug S did a pretty good job of describing the SCv1 installation process in this post: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6046.0

@Chicamungo did a pretty good job of describing the SCv2 installation process in this post: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6557.0

If you are missing the mounting bracket just contact DigiNow....they will get it sent out to you.  ;D
2014 Zero S

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »

Oh wow, I missed the SC2 install thread. Great information there. I don't know why I thought you hosted it, my bad. Thank you for all the links.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:06:02 AM by nevetsyad »
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »

That was shipped the next day. Appologies for that.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »

No problem. This thing is great. Can't wait for the expansion!
2023 Energica Experia
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2017, 02:53:15 AM »

Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:27 PM »

Added additional specs on the site. I think Brian will be happy to see some of this type of info going up.

http://diginow.it/super-charger-for-zero-motorcycle.php

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »

Added additional specs on the site. I think Brian will be happy to see some of this type of info going up.

Very nice!  Curious, how much weight is added with each module?

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2017, 11:57:31 PM »

this may be a silly question covered elsewhere, but if you have the 7.9 kW unit and you plug into a EVSE that only supports less than 7.9kw, it will limit itself to stay below the EVSE limit, right? Does it include the factory onboard charger in this measurement?  Silly question and I assume it all does, but I cant find where anyone outright says it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21