• May 05, 2024, 04:04:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56650 times)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2016, 10:04:20 PM »

Sage advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Balddragn

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »

Hello all.

First, thanks for the forum, I just got here and already I've found the solution to the first issue I have with my new Zero DSR, how to get a decent wind screen on there so I don't have to tuck down during the majority of my daily 66 mile round trip commute to work.

I live about 30 miles east of Sacramento CA and have been saving up for an electric bike for years in order to cut the cost of the trip to work. Even with the current low gas prices I'm estimating the Zero with pay itself off in 6 years compared to the cost of driving my small truck.

The e-bike bonus for me (as a prepper) is the ability to have a reliable transportation fuel in a SHTF event. The Zero will also help with saving up the funds for a solar installation so I can have a daily supply of fuel.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the members here, and who knows, maybe, hopefully, even contributing to the great content of the forum.

Thanks again,
Baldy

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »

Greetings from Norway  :)
I just recently bought an almost new 2015 Zero SR as my first motor bike.

I have not yet taken my driving license, but I am looking forward to starting courses when the winter has passed. I have been waiting for the "right incentives" for taking this step for fifteen years (or so), and finally I decided to take the plunge.

Cheers!
-Yngve

Do yourself a favor and ALWAYS ride in eco mode when the roads have any moisture whatsoever.  You will get over-confident eventually, and that's when the back tire will spin up and side step on you (in sport mode).  I have made this mistake more than I'm willing to admit, and I've got over 20,000 miles riding experience.  The SR is like a pussy cat, quiet and purrs along...until you do something stupid in sport mode.  Then it's like a raging tiger.  Eco mode is always a safe bet in inclimate weather conditions.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
New DSR owner (2016) in New Hampshire, USA
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2016, 05:09:31 PM »

Just picked up my new DSR yesterday.  Did some riding around in low 40 degree weather yesterday, so far so good.  My last bike was a 2002 Honda Magna (sold several years ago).  I look forward to getting to know the bike better this summer.  I have to say about 60 seconds into the test ride, I knew I was buying one!

Looks like there is a ton of great information here.  Thanks to all for providing it!

One quick question.  When accelerating hard, there is a little more noise than I would have expected, especially from a dead stop, kind of hard to explain, but a much louder whine than normal.  I ordered a belt tensioner today to ensure that is correct.  Is this normal?

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2016, 07:01:01 PM »

Yes, louder noise under strong acceleration is normal.  The dealer told me it was the belt.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

evmotorcycle

• View Profile
Looking to connect in UK and Ireland.
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2016, 01:43:21 PM »

Hi folks,

I have been around the Electric Motorcycle Scene for quite some time and my main focus is on promoting the technology and producing media. You can see my YouTube Channel here…

http://www.youtube.com/evmotorcycle

Currently (pun intended) I am working on an exciting new documentary idea that involves electric motorcycles. What I am looking to find is whether there are any Electric Motorcycle Owners in the UK, especially around the Birmingham, West Midlands and Wales areas. Oh and also in Ireland.

I would be very keen to catch up with you guys to discuss featuring some of your machines / stories in the documentary.

Please feel free to message me or get in touch.

Thanks

johnnywheels

• View Profile
Re: Looking to connect in UK and Ireland.
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »

Hi folks,

I have been around the Electric Motorcycle Scene for quite some time and my main focus is on promoting the technology and producing media. You can see my YouTube Channel here…

http://www.youtube.com/evmotorcycle

Currently (pun intended) I am working on an exciting new documentary idea that involves electric motorcycles. What I am looking to find is whether there are any Electric Motorcycle Owners in the UK, especially around the Birmingham, West Midlands and Wales areas. Oh and also in Ireland.

I would be very keen to catch up with you guys to discuss featuring some of your machines / stories in the documentary.

Please feel free to message me or get in touch.

Thanks

Hello and welcome! I'm also new to the forum and excited to gain some knowledge in the e-motorcycle world! I'll be sure to check out your youtube page and looking forward to your documentary! Cheers mate :D

skyrapper

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »

Hi everyone, I bought a used Zero S 2013 in September 2015, because I like the idea of driving more efficient electrically.
There were a few minor problems I had within these few months, but generally I am satisfied with the bike.
Since a few weeks I am a silent readonly user of this great forum.
It teaches me a lot of helpfull informations about my new bike.

Thanks and see you soon,
Michael

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »

Hi everyone, I bought a used Zero S 2013 in September 2015, because I like the idea of driving more efficient electrically.
There were a few minor problems I had within these few months, but generally I am satisfied with the bike.
Since a few weeks I am a silent readonly user of this great forum.
It teaches me a lot of helpfull informations about my new bike.

Thanks and see you soon,
Michael
Welcome to the forum! I think there are many that prefer to read, and that's perfectly okay.

What general geographical region are you in?

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

skyrapper

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2016, 04:54:35 PM »

I live in germany.
Since I am not a natural english speaker I feel much safer in reading than writing postings  ;)

But I will take that challenge to be part of it.

morimaxx

• View Profile
    • My personal blog (german only)
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2016, 11:22:56 PM »

Welcome skyrapper!

Which part of Germany do you come from?
I live near Nuremberg.

skyrapper

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »

I live in the south of Hamburg.

Chief_Lee_Visceral

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2016, 10:37:34 AM »

Hello All!

I am a long time moto person and I am taking the leap to my first electric. My DSR should be ready to pickup next week. Actually went for the 10th Anniversary edition but hey the thing comes with the charge tank. Though I really like the Diginow and may go that way; the biggest reason for taking the plunge is less wrenching and commuting on the DSR will keep the pressure off my KTM 1190R. I have rolled up 32k miles on it the last two years. I am a crazy farkel nut so hope to control myself on this one but I doubt that is going to happen. Well I will take picks once I pick it up next week. See you in the forum!

PS> I have a Juicebox 40 and a Givi top case coming already... so it begins again.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:51:59 AM by Chief_Lee_Visceral »
Current bikes:

2016 Zero DSR
2014 KTM 1190R
2011 Husaberg FE570S
2012 KTM 500EXC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2007 Honda CRF450X Rally
1987 BMW K100RS

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2016, 08:12:58 PM »

Hey There :)

I am 26, Swiss, and driving motorcycles since i am legally allowed to, also 8 Years. I Bought a 2016 Zero SR this month and cant wait to see how this impacts my riding experience. I still have my 2012 KTM SD 990, but may sell it in spring next year when i can fully commit to the electric bike :)

see u arround ;)
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

markmaxwell

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2016, 06:47:02 AM »

Thanks for starting this forum.
I rode from age 16 to about age 35. My first motorcycle was a YL100, a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 100cc street bike. I graduated to a Kawasaki KZ400 after moving to California.  Eventually I traded that in for a KZ550.  After several near collisions while commuting I gave up riding for 30 years.  I did ride borrowed motorcycles occasionally, but I never stopped longing to be out riding through the twisties.
As of July 6, 2016, I became a motorcycle owner again when I purchased a Zero DS with the 13.0 kwh battery monolith. I am relearning how to ride and overcoming the survival reactions.
2016 Zero DS 13.0 kwh
Only dogs hear me riding, and I like it that way.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33