• May 08, 2024, 01:15:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anybody get stranded?  (Read 1936 times)

cirrus pete

• View Profile
Re: Anybody get stranded?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 07:53:23 PM »

CNN recreated the NYT Tesla drive (albeit in warmer temps) and arrived in Boston without issue.

c0t0d0s0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 07:11:26 AM »

Not yet, but I've only had it for about two weeks.  I'm not overly worried because my truck has an inverter that is powerful enough to charge the bike.

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »

I just happened to hear a report on NPR yesterday about the Times Tesla 6 test drive article. They covered both sides pretty well.

Trikester

kbfcanada

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 01:36:20 AM »

Never been stranded with my '12 DS, but was riding on "0" for a couple of miles. It was my first week driving, and I didn't plug in overnight. I had forgotten I needed to drive an extra 10 miles in the morning before work, and I was quite glad to make it to a plug on it's own power. Pushing it onto the driveway would have caused endless ribbing by my co-workers, so I'm quite grateful it lasted. Since then I've had ZERO problems, because I plug in every night and I never check the gauge unless I'm driving somewhere new (which is basically never).

I also recently got a Tesla Model S, and seriously, road trips are the only time I will ever check the range. I have had way more range anxiety about my gas cars because I have to go out of my way to fill up and it wastes at least 5 minutes of my time, instead of taking 4 extra seconds plugging in at home. FREEDOM!
Pages: 1 [2]