• May 19, 2024, 03:53:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Colosdus taking pre orders  (Read 2040 times)

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Colosdus taking pre orders
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 12:57:18 PM »

I was originally gonna say, "Nice! That's the one where they used Ducati's footage pretending to be them and then had to publicly eat crow, right?" BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE STILL USING THE SAME GODDAMN VIDEO EVEN AFTER ALL THE DRAMA

Like. Dude. There's bold and then there's psychotic.

Holy

fucking

shit

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »

Shhh Shhh it's ok that old ad can't hurt you.
Now take some deep breaths and go ride your big boy bike.
Just keep telling yourself "this is a REAL bike because I can ride it today and don't have to wait".
That always makes you feel better.

And yes Moto7575 you can pre order any of the 4 models of the Hypersport or any of the three versions of the Hyperfighter.  You can also request a test ride when they are in your area.

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 06:12:24 PM »

Lets say they saved all the money for product R&D and had to cut the corners on their marketing ;-)
I was originally gonna say, "Nice! That's the one where they used Ducati's footage pretending to be them and then had to publicly eat crow, right?" BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE STILL USING THE SAME GODDAMN VIDEO EVEN AFTER ALL THE DRAMA

Holy

fucking

shit
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 09:39:51 PM »

Imagine being so delusional that you still stand behind a company that does this.

Absolutely wild, man.

RFlashman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 10:23:38 PM »

And yes Moto7575 you can pre order any of the 4 models of the Hypersport or any of the three versions of the Hyperfighter.  You can also request a test ride when they are in your area.

That's not accurate. They recently came to Miami, made a big public post suggesting people could ride, and when I inquired if I could go and get a test drive, they admitted they didn't bring any bikes. Just flyers. I asked when they might have demo rides, they told me not yet. I don't think a single human alive has ever had a test ride of these bikes.

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 01:13:48 AM »

Hi RFlashman! I'm Meygan from Damon and I just wanted to clarify that the Miami event was a pop-up for customers to come meet some of the team and see the bikes in person. We had several demonstrations for attendees on the prototypes (you can see this was from the event: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdqYZv6gKxQ/), but the area and prototypes were not suited for public test rides.

While it's true, that test rides haven't been open to the public yet, they are coming and we encourage everyone interested to apply at damon.com. Until then, here are some highlights of the bike on the track:

Meygs@Damon

• Your front row seat to all things Damon.
    • View Profile
    • Damon Motorcycles
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 01:29:13 AM »

While we did have the licensing and rights to use the footage, it shouldn't have been used and you're right, it shouldn't be there now. Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'm getting the team on it!

Holy

fucking

shit

wadejesu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 08:11:23 AM »

Looks like mine will be a while. Hopefully Damon won't follow Motus

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 08:34:51 AM »

That date is for the Hyperfighter Unlimited 20 not the Colossus which is the halo version of the model.
The plan is to fulfill all the Hypersport Founders Edition orders first then the other Hypersport models then Colossus orders then the rest of the Hyperfighter 20 and 15 models and all other later bike orders.

Day Trippin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 12:32:00 AM »

I have to say Damon was one EV I was really interested in. Still am but until I see real world feedback, I'll ride my Livewire for a while. Not to mention I think I'll be quicker 0-60 on the Livewire than I would on the Damon. Short tall bikes are wheelie prone and then you have to kill the power when you do. I ran into that on the Energicas.

The Damons are nice looking bikes. Really want to what kind of reliability they have before I drop 30-40k on a bike no matter how nice it looks or appears to be engineered.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 04:13:05 AM »

Fair enough Day Trippin.  As for 0-60 that Livewire is a torque monster and might jump off the line quicker but I don't think it would last long.   ;)

I would recommend going to their website and signing up for a test ride request.  They will be touring around and doing test ride events where they have the most interest.

There are lower priced options from them but the range and top speed drops along with the price.
If you have any other questions just post them here.

Thanks.

Day Trippin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 06:47:54 AM »

I'll definitely do a test ride. I can't say I love everything about the Livewire but for the vast majority of my riding, there really isn't going to be anything substantially better than it. I rode the Ernegicas and and they were slower to 60 and didn't really pull the Livewire I tested later until close to triple digits.

Where I live currently I am lucky if I can get in a good 0-60 burst. Even on one of my super quick bikes or cars, by the time I hold the throttle open for more than 4 seconds I already need to be hard on the brakes. It is one of the reasons I bought the LW over others I rode. In my environment, nothing really works better than it for an electric motorcycle.

I never thought traffic would be as bad as it is when I moved. Prior to the move, there wasn't a day that I couldn't easily see 150 or better in the car or bikes just coming home from work. Now 0-80 is a far more useful speed range for me. On the plus side, I drive a lot fewer miles to work and in general.

If the Damon turns out to be reliable, I'd definitely consider it. It isn't about the price, it is how I view the value I am receiving for the price. I will be curious to see what the real world range is at 75-85 mph and how fast it charge on L2. It will be interesting to see how the dealer network pans out. That was another stumbling block with Energica. Way too far away from the nearest dealer and far outside of its range even with a L3 charging stop thrown in on the way.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 01:33:37 PM »

The LiveWire is the slowest 0-60 of all the manufacturers I think. It's certainly not a bad powertrain, but even when they take it to the drag strip and put a 4'10" rider on it, the bike lags behind a stock Energica with a 200lb guy casually testing out the drag strip.

Day Trippin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 10:12:35 PM »

I am a big guy. When you put me on a short wheelbase, higher seat height bike, it is the ideal scenario for wheelies. I rode the Energicas and on the LW I could consistently get to 60 quicker. It doesn't matter what the bike is theoretically capable of with an ideal rider, it is what it can do with me when I use it.

If I there are wheelies, the power has to be cut. The more wheelie prone, the more the power has to be cut. So basically it is what amount of power can be put down. On the LW, it is lower and longer and even though it has less power, I am quicker because I can use more of it. So unless I put an extended swingarm, or wheelie bars on an Energica, the LW is going to be quicker for me at least to 60. That is where the bulk of my riding is and one of the reasons I passed on buying an Energica. The benefits it might have over the LW were not realized in my riding situation. The old adage in drag racing applies; "It isn't how much power you have, but how much power you can put down".

If I rode on more open roads, or spent my time at higher speeds, the Energica (or Damon) would make more sense. I ride in pretty dense city traffic and the LW is a great tool for that. At the end of the day I have a turbo bike and a supercharged bike that downright make the Energicas look slow. So if I really need a speed fix, I'll hop on one of those. I almost never ride them currently as they are terrible tools for the heavy traffic I deal with. The LW is a great urban assault tool for me. If I hadn't ridden the Energicas as well as the LW, I probably would have bought one of the Energicas. The test ride on the LW showed me it would be better for my riding conditions.

At the end of the day, people need to buy what is best for their usage. It may not be what others might consider to be the "best bike". For my environment, the LW turned out to be the best bike currently, although I had never seriously considered it at first and basically planned on buying an Energica Ego. If I had done that, it would have been a mistake.
Pages: [1] 2