• May 05, 2024, 05:48:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FXS: No headlights/turn signal/etc  (Read 302 times)

• View Profile
FXS: No headlights/turn signal/etc
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »

So, all of a sudden I have no headlights, tail lights, turn signals, but my bike works fine and I do have the panel, just with no backlighting. I know this is a somewhat common issue. One little wrinkle is that after it was out a few days, they all came back on for a few days and then off again.
I did search and saw a previous thread that lead me to believe my issue is either a loose connection, blown fuse, or an issue with the DC DC converter. Opening a few things up a bit and trying to push the connections in didn't help so far, so I'm hoping it's a blown fuse. However, most of the help I found is with the S-type body and I discovered that the FX-type internal layout is dramatically different. After looking at the user manual, my question is if anyone with an FXS has had this issue and is the only way to get to the fuse for the DC DC converter require taking the battery off to get that little rubbery flap open? (it seems that way from the manual, but I'm hoping that's not the case)
Is there any advice on things I can try before that point? If it requires taking out the battery, I may just bring it back to the dealer, but it's kinda far so I was trying to avoid doing that for something that seems as simple as possibly a blown fuse.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: FXS: No headlights/turn signal/etc
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 02:28:54 AM »

The fuse panel is in the manual.

Check the fuses for continuity.  They are in the manual.

But your DC-DC is probably toast.  If the internal fuse blew, replacing it will only lead to it blowing again quickly.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: FXS: No headlights/turn signal/etc
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 04:08:42 AM »

If you have the modular batteries, pop the front one out and you can get to the fuse box from below. If not, the bodywork is easy to remove.
Pages: [1]