• May 05, 2024, 03:21:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: UK Demo Day in London Sunday 5th July  (Read 3235 times)

Worksoptony

• View Profile
Re: UK Demo Day in London Sunday 5th July
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »

Are Motoden the new UK dealers then?

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 02:48:12 AM »

Also, where do people who have a zero in the UK get their bikes serviced as that's my main concern as I am not great with bike maintenance so like to get the dealer to do it for me/

Streetbike, Halesowen for me.

Are Motoden the new UK dealers then?
Possibly, I'd be shocked, shocked, if Streetbike don't become a full dealer again as well.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »

Streetbike get my vote.  Actually for any dealership I have used, not just Zero.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »

When you say tighten the belt every year how many miles do you do a year as I have seen the bike needs a once over every 4000 miles and I ride about 16000 a year commuting?
The owner's manual says it needs replacement every 40.000 kilometres. Don't worry about the belt tightening, it isn't more than loosening a nut, adjusting the tension with another nut and tightening the first nut again, i's a job that's done in 5 minutes.

I also had a Deauville and the running cost of it were relatively low but getting to the engine block is a pain in the ass, Zero maintenance is a breeze compared to it.

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:31 PM »

Got to ride the ZF12.5 SR yesterday.  Have to admit it's a huge step forward from my 2012 ZF9! I think it's early days for the guys at Motorden also. They are going to email me pricing and I'll ask about 2012 model trade-in then.

I asked Zero Europe on Friday about incentives or trade in for 2012 owners and they said there is nothing. So I'm not sure where that idea came from?

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2015, 01:27:01 AM »

Got to ride the ZF12.5 SR yesterday.  Have to admit it's a huge step forward from my 2012 ZF9! I think it's early days for the guys at Motorden also. They are going to email me pricing and I'll ask about 2012 model trade-in then.

I asked Zero Europe on Friday about incentives or trade in for 2012 owners and they said there is nothing. So I'm not sure where that idea came from?
Maybe the dealer just offered it by it's own. If not for selling again I think it would be a perfect loan-bike.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:07 AM »

It came from chatting with the guys last Sunday.  Erik mentioned it and I think he's the head of sales for Europe... I hope I wasn't mistaken!

mikeisted

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2015, 03:13:34 AM »

MostlyBonkers, was something mentioned to you perhaps?

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

I would have thought that a trade in is something you sort out with your dealer, not Zero.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »

Except that dealers don't want the old bikes because they can't sell them, unless they were priced obscenely low in which case the trade in would be so low you would be better off using the battery to charge your phone and melting the rest down for scrap.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »

I guess I got lucky when I got a pretty good price for my ZF9.
I've also had a couple of non-dealer offers (which I've so far turned down) for my 2013 which came close to matching what I paid for it.

Demand is building in the UK for the Zeros at the moment, which means good deals (for sellers) are out there.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]