• May 06, 2024, 11:37:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: SR/F Firmware update failure  (Read 4563 times)

af1 racing

• View Profile
Re: SR/F Firmware update failure
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2019, 03:40:56 AM »

our demo SR/F just took today's update fine.. Have not had any issues with the other updates either.

the dash bootup and moving around the menus does seem to be faster.

bergercurtis

• Motorcycle junkie, new to EV
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2019, 11:03:06 PM »

I know the bulletin to Zero owners states the OTA update will be completed ~Oct 7th, but I had my first OTA update complete successfully to firmware version 10 yesterday. Glad to have this functioning as intended. Thank you Zero! No other complaints with my bike. 2,000 miles in 2 months and no issues other than the fixed OTA!
-Curtis
2020 Zero SR/F Premium Seabright Blue
Licensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »

That’s good news ! I’ll try it when I get home tonight

It took 2 tries but yesterday the update went fine. Unfortunately still no way to see which version is installed now (the display say V5.02 but that has been the same as before ad supposedly the firmware version of the display only)
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Crilly

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2019, 02:30:43 AM »

I updated my today, No problem.

ben.m

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »

I know the bulletin to Zero owners states the OTA update will be completed ~Oct 7th, but I had my first OTA update complete successfully to firmware version 10 yesterday. Glad to have this functioning as intended. Thank you Zero! No other complaints with my bike. 2,000 miles in 2 months and no issues other than the fixed OTA!

How do you know that is version 10 ?
Seems that the last version the published is 9 and no one knows how to see that...

bergercurtis

• Motorcycle junkie, new to EV
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »

How do you know that is version 10 ?
Seems that the last version the published is 9 and no one knows how to see that...

Version 9 was short lived. I can see the version number of the BMS and MBB on their software when I connect to the bike.
-Curtis
2020 Zero SR/F Premium Seabright Blue
Licensed Zero Dealer in Colorado Springs

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »

Version 9 was short lived. I can see the version number of the BMS and MBB on their software when I connect to the bike.

I want to connect to mine too.
Is there a how-to somewhere that would help me do it on the SR/F?
I would imagine we'd need a laptop with a USB to Serial adapter and the data cable to connect to the bike.

Am I even close in my assumptions? Where can one get the cable needed for the hookup?
2020 Zero SR/F

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2019, 11:12:52 PM »

bergercurtis works for a Zero dealer, he said so in another thread. I asked Zero, and they'll sell us the cable(it's expensive), but not the diagnostic software.  So I'm not sure how useful it'll be. If it's like the old bikes, you can build and wire up a serial cable, but I haven't heard of anyone doing it for the SR/F yet.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/How_to_build_a_cable_to_access_the_MBB

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »

bergercurtis works for a Zero dealer, he said so in another thread. I asked Zero, and they'll sell us the cable(it's expensive), but not the diagnostic software.  So I'm not sure how useful it'll be. If it's like the old bikes, you can build and wire up a serial cable, but I haven't heard of anyone doing it for the SR/F yet.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/How_to_build_a_cable_to_access_the_MBB

I just ordered the OBD II male plug on eBay to make my cable.
It might not work now but I am hoping someone will find a way to access the data some day on the SR/F and I will be ready.
Appreciate the info, Auriga!
2020 Zero SR/F

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2019, 06:15:27 AM »

So today I may have had my first "sucessful" update of my SRF since i got it in August.  I kept checking in it being i am used to it crapping out within the first part of the update.  This time it took the full 30 minutes.  Afterward it showed it was rebooting and everything came up looking good.  No errors, warnings, nothing.  So I say it may have been successful because:

1. There is no way to tell what version you are on.  This is the stupidest thing I have seen.  There is not many user upgrade-able technology out there that doesn't allow the user to see what version you are currently on. Come on Zero.

2. After I got home I keyed the key off and on for the hell of it. Of course I got about 4 errors including Firmware upgrade failure, CANN communication error, etc. 

Zero needs some better software programmers. Sorry but this is kind of amateur for a company that has been doing it as long as Zero.   It seems even their older lines have issues with firmware upgrades.  I hope they can resolve this eventually.   It is really getting annoying being I have to drive my bike to an area that has good cellular connection (not easy to find with this bike) and then wait there a 1/2 hour to guess it updated okay.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2019, 10:49:45 PM »

So today I may have had my first "sucessful" update of my SRF since i got it in August.  I kept checking in it being i am used to it crapping out within the first part of the update.  This time it took the full 30 minutes.  Afterward it showed it was rebooting and everything came up looking good.  No errors, warnings, nothing.  So I say it may have been successful because:

1. There is no way to tell what version you are on.  This is the stupidest thing I have seen.  There is not many user upgrade-able technology out there that doesn't allow the user to see what version you are currently on. Come on Zero.

2. After I got home I keyed the key off and on for the hell of it. Of course I got about 4 errors including Firmware upgrade failure, CANN communication error, etc. 

Zero needs some better software programmers. Sorry but this is kind of amateur for a company that has been doing it as long as Zero.   It seems even their older lines have issues with firmware upgrades.  I hope they can resolve this eventually.   It is really getting annoying being I have to drive my bike to an area that has good cellular connection (not easy to find with this bike) and then wait there a 1/2 hour to guess it updated okay.

I second that feeling.
It really is one of those "what were they thinking" when it was approved to release this bike to production with the inability to see the version number through the display or even with the phone app.

Let's blame it on the intern they hired to help around the floor and suddenly got put in charge of coding the firmware upgrades and the phone app.
Just not enough experience to do a through job and take things to that "next level"  good companies strive to reach.
2020 Zero SR/F

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »

I did not even go into the mess the phone app is.  It looks nice but is in desperate need of some further development.  I mean how hard can it be to get the odometer mileage on the app match the actual odometer.  This app how been out for months and they couldn't correct this?  How about the notification bug that makes you turn off notifications unless you want to constantly get told it is changing, not changing, charging again...  And finally how about the bike tampering alert that has not worked form day 1.  They really need to invest some of the mad money they are making on the SRF into some better programmers.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]