• May 07, 2024, 06:19:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2012 Zero XU w/ bad battery SOLD  (Read 1004 times)

chdfarl

• View Profile
2012 Zero XU w/ bad battery SOLD
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:30:31 AM »

2012 zero xu clean title bad battery

A local guy posted a couple weeks ago that he was getting rid of his xu after numerous issues so I went to pick it up but it's not really what I'm looking for. I'll either sell the whole bike or part it out. The bike has a bad battery and bms but I did see it run with a different battery in it but I'm not selling that one. There is no doubt that the battery is bad. I checked the pack voltage and each cell and they each read 0.0 volts. The charger won't charge it that low and it's been that low for over a year. Other than that the bike seems good and even has fairly new shinko tires. The owner said that the throttle had an issue too but that didn't show up when I saw it run for a short time.If you'd like to offer something for the whole bike (it should be eligible for the trade in on a new zero, call a dealer to check) or a part post it or pm and I'll review it. Basically gauging what people would pay for the bike or what parts they'd buy.

The bike is a 2012 Zero XU
Clean Massachusetts title
Motenergy brushless PM motor ( single stator not the same as the 12 s model )
Sevcon Gen4 size 2 controller 220
1,960 miles on the odometer

could be shipped by Forward Air from Boston to nearest major airport whole or partially broken down.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:44:38 AM by chdfarl »

chdfarl

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Zero XU w/ bad battery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:15:09 AM »

Swapped BMS board on the bad battery with the other one and rode around at full throttle for a half an hour or so in this cold ass weather and the battery is only half way depleted from 74v to 68.6v. I'm still not selling the good battery pack but the BMS could go with the bike with the bad pack and the buyer could replace the cells or trade the bike in on a 2016.
Pages: [1]