• May 08, 2024, 07:30:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Alta Motors Redshift ST  (Read 502 times)

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Alta Motors Redshift ST
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:44:46 AM »

Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Alta Motors Redshift ST
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:19:22 AM »

That is a nice-looking design. It's somewhere between a Brammo Enertia and a Zero in terms of styling.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Alta Motors Redshift ST
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »

I agree, that Alta Supermoto does look nice.  But can Alta produce their vehicles in volume and get them distributed to customers around the world at the published prices?  That is a big task and takes lots of time and money. Just ask Zero or Brammo.

Interestingly, I was at my BMW dealer this morning.  They had just lost their Triumph franchise due to Triumph demanding 80-pages of new requirements, many of which were impossible for my dealer to meet.

So naturally, I suggested that maybe they might want to consider acquiring a Zero franchise as I doubted that their requirements would be all that burdensome.  For some reason that didn't get a very favorable response from two of the staff (not managers or salespeople), instead I heard a lot about Alta and how they felt that was a much better bike than Zero and would be more fun to sell.  I was going to stick up for Zero, but the conversation was interrupted by a customer and that put an end to that discussion. 

Alta seems to be getting some favorable press and responses from the industry, but their designs are just not my cup of tea, as I use my motorcycles for utility transportation and not for excitement.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]