Makes And Models > Electric Motorsport Forum

guity's gpr-s experience

<< < (41/41)

guity:
OK, Hollywood Electrics provided a battery, I pulled off the faux gas tank, and indeed the bad cell is 24 (guity) or 1 (cell logger).  The bike has been sitting a long time so I am re-charging it back to top.  Individual battery from Hollywood Electrics appears to be already charged on my single cell charger.  So when the big charger is done topping off  the batteries I will take off the front top case of batteries, lift up the back top case of batteries to make room, then slide out the small lower case of batteries where battery 24/1 resides, to replace it.

The bad battery actually seems to be taking some charge at this point in time, better than it was doing after the last ride.  However, it is also already jacking up above the rest of the batteries, at about 3.5 volts as opposed to the average 3.35 volts....

guity:
Battery changed (way too hard, if there was going to be a next design of this bike, it would need to make it A) convenient to replace individual batteries and B) get rid of the metal cases and replace those with metal bands that can be bolted and tightened around the battery groups).  Had to hammer an old screw driver down on the split corner of the metal case to split it open further before I could get the  battery next door to the bloated stinky bad battery out of the case, and hence the bad battery.

Coming up the hill with about 10 miles ridden on the charge, keeping the bike at 45mph, the voltage never went below 69.  Doesn't prove anything, but certainly no obvious problems after losing the bad battery...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version