• May 06, 2024, 05:31:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Expectations?  (Read 2217 times)

gingerjet

• View Profile
Re: Expectations?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 11:49:35 AM »

<Sigh>

Deposit left two weeks ago today and still no word...  :(

Complain to Zero.  I received the VIN number within days.  And a final delivery date. 

(i'm not happy to be forced to buy through a dealer to begin with but at least my local dealer appears to be decent)

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »

I put a deposit down on an SR last Thursday. Hoping I don't have to wait long.
Has anyone picked up a 2016 bike recently? Any production delays?

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 09:04:44 PM »

I'm still mulling over ordering one vs. getting a used one this month. I suspect due to the April incentive, this month's orders might be higher than usual, creating a longer backlog. Unless Zero anticipated this or were making them faster than they could sell them, thus offering incentives...
'15 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 09:08:10 PM »

I put a deposit down on an SR last Thursday. Hoping I don't have to wait long.
Has anyone picked up a 2016 bike recently? Any production delays?
Seems like it depends on your location. No production delays but they have to ship them.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 09:59:22 PM »

My local Zero dealer is also my local BMW dealer.  They've been taking good care of me in that department so when they acquired the Zero franchise I didn't have any problems ordering through them.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 12:06:41 AM »

I'm still mulling over ordering one vs. getting a used one this month. I suspect due to the April incentive, this month's orders might be higher than usual, creating a longer backlog. Unless Zero anticipated this or were making them faster than they could sell them, thus offering incentives...

Kocho, I just posted about this in another thread, but trust me get the 2016 for many reasons.  But you can also take advantage of the "Free Fuel for Life" rebate they are offering for the next 2 and a half weeks.   But even without that I would still strongly encourage a 2016 over anything 2014 or earlier.  it's the little things you can't see from a side by side picture that make a huge difference.  Consider the rebate icing on the cake.  But get the best cake to start.  :)
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 02:02:19 AM »

Seems like it depends on your location. No production delays but they have to ship them.
[/quote]

But waiting is so hard.. *pout*

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 04:58:45 AM »

Well, just did 17 miles in the rain and survived without a massive electrical shock so I guess my concerns were unwarranted.  :P  Really no different than riding an ICE bike in the rain (and I've done that more times than I care to count).  No problems at all with the bike.  :)
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 05:33:12 AM »

Well, just did 17 miles in the rain and survived without a massive electrical shock so I guess my concerns were unwarranted.  :P  Really no different than riding an ICE bike in the rain (and I've done that more times than I care to count).  No problems at all with the bike.  :)

I rode year-round on a 2013 Zero in rainy Seattle for nearly 3 years, so I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a problem. Pressure washing seems to exacerbate risks that rain doesn't. If you're concerned at all after a very wet ride through maybe flooded areas, just let the bike dry off for a while before plugging it in.

You're definitely not going to get shocked. The failure modes are confined to defined safety features taking effect, like the contactor opening or a fuse blowing. It sucks to have a bike that won't go, but it's effective. I did have my bike turn off once because water got under the rubber boot covering an Anderson charge connector once in a very heavy rain, but that was an extra cable that I stupidly left plugged in while riding, not the plug above the motor.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »

Don't you just love it when our bikes are smarter than we are? :o
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

turbojet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 08:32:45 AM »

I ordered a DSR last Saturday 4/30 to take advantage of the fuel for life offer (which they have extended).  Went by my dealer today and was given a VIN number and told it had shipped and that it might get here this week.  I also talked to Zero today and the parts guy told me that the charge tanks should ship in a week or two hopefully.   I live in Portland, Or.  Cheers! ;D

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 08:07:19 AM »

One other thing I learned about riding in the rain:  That storage pouch in the "tank?"  It AIN'T waterproof...  :-[
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

francesco

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »

One other thing I learned about riding in the rain:  That storage pouch in the "tank?"  It AIN'T waterproof...  :-[

The windshield helps quite a bit with that. Since I've installed it, I don't find anymore a puddle at the bottom of the "tank" after rainy commutes.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 02:03:27 AM »

Looks like the rain destroyed my "El Cheapo" cigarette lighter/USB adapter too.  Oh well.  Picked up another one at the convenience store and I have to remember to keep it in the same Ziplock bag with the insurance papers (which finally dried out).

So if anybody is reading this and is storing "important papers" in that storage bag?  Seal them up in a Ziplock bag.  You'll thank me later.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:45 AM »

Yes, and empty your bag before leaving it parked outside in the rain. It sucks to learn the hard way.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2]