• May 08, 2024, 08:43:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Took delivery of my new Zero yesterday!  (Read 1073 times)

Rewstad

• View Profile
Took delivery of my new Zero yesterday!
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:13:49 AM »

My closest dealer was 110 miles away so I decided to tow my new toy home rather than try to push this thing to the limit. So happy about my purchase.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Took delivery of my new Zero yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:55:01 PM »

Welcome aboard.  They really are fun smooth riding bikes and you'll get a feel for the range pretty quick.  There are some top notch tech guys on here and new options and ideas all the time.  Electric Cowboy and company's work on an aftermarket charger that can recharge the bike in about an hour with a 50 amp source is just one of the amazing feats from this forum.  It's still a new world for electric motorcycles so they're not perfect but ride it and enjoy it.
Cheers

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »

My closest dealer was 110 miles away so I decided to tow my new toy home rather than try to push this thing to the limit. So happy about my purchase.

Nosy internet folk looking for context - there are a lot of places 110 miles from a Zero dealer whereabouts?

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »

Nosy internet folk looking for context - there are a lot of places 110 miles from a Zero dealer whereabouts?

My nearest dealer is 90 miles away.  I sure wish there were more/closer dealers in this area (Newington NH).  I rented the same trailer when I picked up my DSR.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 08:27:54 PM »

My nearest dealer is 90 miles away.  I sure wish there were more/closer dealers in this area (Newington NH).  I rented the same trailer when I picked up my DSR.

Steve

Just be glad that you don't own a Royal Enfield. Then your closest dealer might be 500 miles away.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Rewstad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »

I live in Central Florida near Orlando. We use to have a dealer here but for some reason they stopped selling Zero's. That's where I had my first test ride of a 2014 Zero S. Fast forward 2 years later the bikes were several thousand dollars cheaper and a $1000 incentive made me pull the trigger. I ended up getting a DS because I liked the riding position better. Very have so far!

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 08:11:42 PM »

my closest dealer is 195miles away, its cheaper to fly than drive (cheap connecting direct flights) and they're technically not even in my state (less than 10mi over the border).

In other words, no matter how nice and accommodating my dealer can be, It sucks to do anything through a dealer that I could do myself.
Since there is little on the bike that I shouldn't be able to do myself, you can see my frustration on how zero does not want to share info with owners directly.

Pages: [1]