General Category > General Discussion

Energica vs Lightning..... Discuss

<< < (2/2)

MostlyBonkers:

--- Quote from: green-mopeds.com on December 31, 2017, 03:39:35 AM ---Maybe but maybe they are just focussing on the US right now. How many vendors do we know that don't look at the UK as a viable market yet? Eg compare the amount of EV vendors at EICMA (~25) vs the NEC a week later (2 or 3)

P.S not a clipbait post btw

--- End quote ---

I nibbled. Actually, I'm grateful for the post because I hadn't seen the drag race video yet and was unaware of this business in the UK.

I have a couple of questions:

Why .com instead of .co.uk?
On your website, the first scooter I clicked through to cost £8k, claimed to have the performance of a 125cc but only puts out 8kW and the range is terrible.  Not a good first impression I'm afraid.
Your website looks very amateurish. It won't help you sell scooters because people won't take you seriously. It looks like it was created using a freebie tool for people with no experience over the course of an afternoon.

Back to the topic though. Yes, I'm disappointed that Lightning have such a poor sales and marketing effort despite having created something really rather special.  I'll have to look into the Energica, but I fear it will be well out of my price range.  Paying £6,500 for a 2014 Zero DSP was right at the limit for me a couple of years ago.  I'm just a few months away from paying for it!

Also, the drag race should have included a Zero SR for comparison, not the straight S.

green-mopeds.com:
I was interested to hear a true comparison of the bikes rather than how good or bad they are at marketing. The rest is off topic

MostlyBonkers:

--- Quote from: green-mopeds.com on January 11, 2018, 12:11:52 PM ---I was interested to hear a true comparison of the bikes rather than how good or bad they are at marketing. The rest is off topic

--- End quote ---

And yet you sign up to a public forum using your commercial website address. You are certainly interested in marketing.  What did you expect?

Anyhow, I don't want to upset you because you are trying to sell EVs here in the UK, which is a good thing.  I wish you the best of luck and hope you find some of my feedback useful.

MostlyBonkers:

--- Quote from: green-mopeds.com on December 31, 2017, 03:39:35 AM ---Maybe but maybe they are just focussing on the US right now. How many vendors do we know that don't look at the UK as a viable market yet? Eg compare the amount of EV vendors at EICMA (~25) vs the NEC a week later (2 or 3)

P.S not a clipbait post btw

--- End quote ---

I'd put my money on Energica too. I'd prefer to buy a Lightning though, if I had the coin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version