Tech > Parts, Mods And Hacks

Bullet Brake BB-01 For Zero, Energica and Harley Davidson

(1/9) > >>

Electric Cowboy:
We just received a package from Bullet Brake to test out their new parking brake for electric motorcycles. I am excited to test it out and give them and you feedback on it. This is something I have been waiting on for a long time. So excited!

You can see exactly what they sent us in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUxGlohdirc&feature=youtu.be

Electric Cowboy:
What happened to the video embed? I liked that feature.

TheRan:
The URL has to be in a particular format. Try getting rid of the &feature=youtu.be at the end or use the URL that you get when you click on the share button under the video.

An interesting solution, a bit expensive though and I'd be worried about someone accidentally bumping the brake lever if I didn't have hand guards. It'll be interesting if you could show how much lever actuation it takes to deactivate it. I'd also like to see if there's any leakage through the valve over time although that's perhaps a difficult thing to test. Maybe pull the lever in only enough that you can't push the bike forward and then leave it sitting for say 8 hours to simulate a work day and then try pushing it again.

DonTom:

--- Quote from: Electric Cowboy on September 06, 2020, 04:13:50 AM ---We just received a package from Bullet Brake to test out their new parking brake for electric motorcycles. I am excited to test it out and give them and you feedback on it. This is something I have been waiting on for a long time. So excited!
--- End quote ---
I was just checking out their website here.

So I check my bikes, it lists two.  One  for a "2017 Zero ZF 13 SR" and the other for the "2017 ZF 13 SR  Modular."

When it comes to Zeros, what do they mean by "modular" ?  What is the difference?

-Don-  Auburn, CA

TheRan:
I've only heard the modular term applied to the FX/S models with removable battery packs.

According to AF1 all Zeros except the FX have used the same lever blade since 2015 (2016 for the DSR) and presumably the same master cylinder, so it should work on all of them. Even for older models they still recommend the BB-01 so I guess the banjo bolt has remained the same size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version