Tech > Parts, Mods And Hacks

3000W RATED hub motor and controller - as kit?

(1/3) > >>

MyFirstElectric:
This is my first real post here  8) Hello!

I only just bought my first electric vehicle overall, last night. I haven't received it yet. I have a week or so to buy the additional components that - ideally - I would have wanted from the start...

Do you know of a quality kit, offering matching hub motor and controller?
I am interested to buy a (minimum) 3000W RATED motor. QS are a great quality brand. The QS205 or QS260 seem good enough for what I want/need here. RATED: A 3000W rated, quality, motor will easily output 7kW continuous, and 20kW peak power. When combined with a controller of equal quality. Fardriver are a great quality brand. The 72300 (battery current 100A, phase current 300A) seems good enough for what I want/need here.

Why I want to upgrade the purchased bike?
It's not mountainous here, but hilly, and many driveways have a steep gradient. The other day I measured a steep one that goes up to my local mechanic, and it is 23°. This requires 250A phase current (at the weight of this scooter and myself). An ordinary Chinese scooter and motorbike alike does not have quality components of this degree, I know this already before I have received the scooter. And, I know it comes with only one 60V 20Ah battery, which is nothing, so to speak. At the very, very, very minimum I need here 60V 40Ah (and then motor and controller will get hot quickly still). Initially, I was going to buy a similar one as in the photo, but of far greater quality (EU build, not Chinese) and running at 78V 36Ah/54Ah. That one would have been fantastic here (anywhere). But they can't deliver currently (warzone). I hope to buy my next electric vehicle from them soon?

While, this Chinese manufacturer (seemingly one of the higher end of Chinese quality, as per what I was able to investigate), they haven't even responded what the space measurements of the various battery locations are (seen my cool, pictured, question I sent them?). So, I still can't buy additional batteries until I can measure those spaces myself, it seems. By that time that I receive this scooter, I might as well have gotten to the point of putting together my own battery pack for this scooter. We'll see. It would be my first such thing to do.

I preferably want to run LiFePo4. Has anyone run an electric hub motor and matching controller on LiFePo4 (LFP)? What Ah and V are you running it on? What is your experience, would you do it again?

I live offgrid, solely run on solar power and LiFePo4 batteries, so I have sufficient DC experience (though, in my house I actually installed both circuits, AC and DC, to have flexibility for all my kitchen appliances).  ;D

Anyway, now you know what I am up to. How about you?

Specter:
Well, at least the AI's are getting better.

there is a website:  hydrogenappliances.com  that sells wierd and off the wall stuff like this.

you could also do a google search on manta motor or pancake motor and find many interesting items like what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Aaron

TheRan:
It's not an AI, English just isn't his first language

MyFirstElectric:

--- Quote from: Specter on November 16, 2023, 12:59:01 AM ---there is a website:  hydrogenappliances.com  that sells wierd and off the wall stuff like this. you could also do a google search on manta motor or pancake motor and find many interesting items like what you are looking for. Aaron
--- End quote ---
Thanks Aaron! Interesting website indeed. (i also like when folks stick to traditional web design  ;D ) Am checking out all of that as we speak.

--- Quote from: TheRan on November 16, 2023, 03:12:35 AM --- It's not an AI, English just isn't his first language
--- End quote ---
No idea what you meant to say, but English is my first language and I rarely make grammar mistakes.  8)
AI? Means Artifical Intelligence: not since ChatGPT, but since Haley Joel Osment starred in ... A.I.!! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/
 ;D

Thank you  :)

PS: I MUST watch it again, can't remember now that Jude Law was in it also!?  :o

PPS: simple machines forum software allows for much clearer, cooler, and more, emojies. If I stick around I will find out how to contact the webmaster and ask him/ suggest it. (I know, 'cause I used simple machines on a site two decades ago)  8)

Specter:
I use simple machines on my website and agree, it's easy to use.  F the emoji's  fuckin kids need to speak using words, not poofter pictures.

Good luck on the website owner here, many have tried to contact to no avail it appears.  Which is kind of strange, as in, who's paying the hosting bill if this individual is indeed dead?   :-*

That hydrogen appliances site been around forever, and generally has a lot of neat stuff.  A lot is no longer sold which is a shame but on the motors, it's a good starting place.  You might want to check golf cart shops too like EZ Go.  While that specific application may not be quite where you want to go, it might lead you back to where you can find the controller's etc you need. 

Another store,  altenergystore.com  has solar and alternative energy stuff.  I don't think they have motors anymore but I have called them in the past (they are another place thats been around since the turn of the century) and they have been able to point me in the right direction.   All the misc crap you might need, connectors, Anderson plugs, they tend to have, and batteries too if you are looking Lithium.

Finally one other place that has a lot of oddball stuff AND will do projects with you, consulting etc. and gets into this a lot is
https://www.powerstream.com/

Either way they have a ton of nerdy stuff that's neat to drool over :D

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version