• May 05, 2024, 03:56:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 600 Mile Service on the SR/F, make sure you dealer is ready!  (Read 345 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
600 Mile Service on the SR/F, make sure you dealer is ready!
« on: August 13, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

I went in for my 600 mile service yesterday morning, turns out the dealer was not set up correctly.  They need a special cable to connect to the bike (not the same as the cable for the older bikes).  I ended up wasting a good part of my day, first waiting for Zero to call the dealer back (they seem to be operating purely on west coast time), only to find they could not communicate with the bike with the "old" cable.  Did I mention it's a 60 mile one way trip to the dealer (I know, I've got it pretty good compared to others!).

Anyone who may be the first to get this service on an SR/F at a given dealer might want to give the service department a heads up before you end up wasting time.  They ordered a new cable, and hopefully I can get the "commissioning" done next week. 

By the way, Zero was not thrilled that I had put almost 2K on the bike without having it re-commissioned and they seemed very keen to get me back in to get it done soon (they requested I ride the bike no more than two more weeks without getting it done).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Pages: [1]