• May 07, 2024, 08:58:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bought a chain kit for my '17 FXS  (Read 1459 times)

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
Re: Bought a chain kit for my '17 FXS
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 07:08:11 PM »

My KTM speedo has a front wheel sensor and my Versys had a sensor on the countershaft sprocket so there are different ways of doing it.  So, apparently, just like the Versys, changing the final drive will affect the speedometer.

Is it something in the MBB that asks for sprockets and circumference?  What software asks for those inputs? - would like to change it for chain kit and knobby tires.

AFAIK, no one has the password to make any changes with MBB set command if that would be where the parameters are set.

Update: Yep, must be the motor; speedo still works when I disconnect the rear wheel ABS sensor.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:04:19 PM by stargazerinwg »

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 07:33:10 AM »

AFAIK, no one has the password to make any changes with MBB set command if that would be where the parameters are set.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/MBB_Console

If it's not on that page there's more info on the wiki to reprogram the gear ratio. I dunno if you can do it or not. You just need a terminal software and serial adaptor no special software. I never reprogrammed mine, so I've gotten really good at multiplying all the speeds on the dash by .81. As a bonus you'll see that topped out 88 more often. If you want to know passwords on the bike get a bus pirate and take your bike to the dealer and ask them to do something that requires them to login with a password. The traffic is in plaintext.

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 09:42:16 AM »

I made a serial adapter and have worked with the MBB output on one of my Linux computers.  I have not seen anything in there about drive ratios or sprocket sizes.  My dealer didn't know anything about the MBB or how to access it and told me he doesn't know of any password.  Zero CS told me they don't give out the password and that I couldn't get it from the dealer.

https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9149.msg79416#msg79416

I could do the buss pirate but any other dealer would be a bunch farther than the 3 hours to where I bought the bike and it could be for nothing.

I'll keep looking for info on reprogramming the gear ratio.

NoMoreIdeas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 11:15:56 PM »

I've been in the MBB with a TTL cable before, its definitely in there but I didnt have the password to set anything. From the wiki:

spfront         - Sprocket Teeth Front        :   28
The number of teeth on the front sprocket, input to speedometer calculation.
  sprear          - Sprocket Teeth Rear         :  130
The number of teeth on the rear sprocket, input to speedometer calculation.

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 02:57:38 AM »

Thanks NoMoreIdeas - just like flattetyyre said.

I didn't get to put my OBD connector/computer on mine yet to look for this but will soon, would like to see it even if I can't change it (maybe someday).

Is this where you found this?  Sorry, I just haven't found it yet.
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/MBB_Console
Pages: 1 [2]