• May 06, 2024, 04:42:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: List of Zero ID10T codes?  (Read 3609 times)

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
List of Zero ID10T codes?
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:31 AM »

Last week I spent 25 minutes at an I-4 rest stop trying to figure out an error 0045... which turned out to mean "kickstand down"

I just spent nearly 20 minutes diagnosing an error 0044, which is "killswitch on" and I have no damned clue how the killswitch got hit.

Google doesn't find anything.

Is there a list of the most common Zero "dumbass owner" error codes? For example, what's the code for a hot motor/battery? I don't ever expect to see it but it'd be nice to be able to look at a list in my phone instead of just standing in a parking lot, swearing and screaming at a broken bike on a hot Florida day.

In the manual there's the "number of red flashes" list, but that doesn't obviously correspond to the new error codes. Can someone provide a translation?
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

hein

• View Profile
Re: List of Zero ID10T codes?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:16:07 AM »

>> most common Zero "dumbass owner" error codes?

Sorry, no answer.
Just wanted to point out they picked an interesting name.
"ID10T"  vs "Idiot"

A full list of "ID10T" codes would be nice.

For now a list of "Idiot" codes would be good enough to hit my main issues:
0044 "killswitch on"
0045 "kickstand down"

:-)

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:32:11 AM »

Actually, my Zero is kind of like crack. It's so addictive, that I'm clawing at the walls when something obstructs my next "fix". So when I get an error code, I am foaming at the mouth and flailing around like a rabid orangutan.

I really, REALLY, **REALLY** should ride my FJR to warm it up and change the oil.

But it's so damn easy & fun to unplug the SR and go tearing down the road at an ungentlemanly rate of knots that I've put over 300 miles on it in a little over a week.

I keep trying to describe it to a friend that races. And I can't. It's like my old RZ-350, with modern suspension and an FJR engine in it, except my FJR could never hope to be that smooth & torquey. It's like trying to describe a fighter plane to someone that's only been in an airliner. Or indeed, a sportbike to someone that's only driven old Cadillacs.

In 25 years I've never had a bike that hauls ass through a corner or lifts a wheel like my SR.

I'm 50 years old. I shouldn't be doing this.
It's not like crack, it IS crack. Way too easy to go really really fast. The lack of noise is almost like a license to speed. I am pinning it all over the place and I'm not sure many people even notice. Just today I got home early from work and it was a beautiful day so I told myself that I really should ride my scooter (and it's a really fun ride)…but I just can't! I'm older than you so age has nothing to do with it...it's that redheaded mistress in the garage.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

Electric Terry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:39:58 AM »

Hopefully now that you have discovered the kickstand and killswitch codes, you'll never be stuck again from a "user" oversight, now that you know the numbers.  I'm trying to think if there might be any others.  Trying to ride away and the charge cord plugged in might be another.  But I don't know what code that would be as I've never tried it.

Yes, I agree to the references above to the similarities to crack.   Riding an SR can not be compared to anything else I have ever experienced.  Everyone out there that has a gas motorcycle and thinks its all they could ever want, hasn't ridden a Zero SR.  Many YZF-R1's, GSXR's, CBR's and Ninja's will sit around collecting dust in a household that also has a Zero SR.  The ability to accelerate at insane speeds on those other bikes would create attention from noise and probably get you ticket after ticket.  On the Zero I can reach lightning speed and a cop using his computer 90 degrees to the right of me at the intersection will never look up at all as I am accelerating at the limit of traction.   On a gas bike, I would have created so much noise he would have started following me to see if I exceed the speed limit by a single mph.  You know how it goes.

Being addicted to the crack of the Zero is at least good for the planet and our dependence on oil.  Those who have a Zero will save a ton of money because they will never even want to drive the gas car or take the gas motorcycle.  That's a lot of gas, oil changes, filters, coolant, etc that will not be used or wasted.

All I can hope is everyone on this forum who has test ridden an SR, either already has received their SR, or has ordered it.  I can't imagine there is another option besides those two. 

And if you are reading this and haven't test ridden a Zero SR, that you plan to in the next month. 

Life is short, make sure you are enjoying your time on the road to the highest ability, and are riding a vehicle that will eventually pay for itself in gas and maintenance savings.  No sense in ever going to a gas station again is my opinion.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »

I haven't ridden an SR because I'm having too much fun on an FX in the dirt!  ;D

Or maybe it is my age - I'll be 80 in two months.

Trikester

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:46 PM »

Michael John

Yes this is the best description I've heard related to zeros

Way too easy to go really really fast. The lack of noise is almost like a license to speed. I am pinning it all over the place and I'm not sure many people even notice.

I would always catch myself doing this getting to the next light and doing it again just because it's so damn fun, the. In my head thinking why the hell am I speeding; then when I modified my fx I wheeleid everywhere same fashion, then I had some people looking at me like what the hell, wheelie all the way to 70 with a grin from ear to ear, probably making weird motor like noises sometimes talking to myself. Weird things happen when your on a silent bike!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:34:41 PM by Cortezdtv »
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site