• May 15, 2024, 10:49:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero/Farasis battery pack info  (Read 780 times)

GibbseyNZ

• View Profile
Zero/Farasis battery pack info
« on: August 13, 2023, 01:50:49 PM »

Hi,
A heritage railway group I am a member of recently randomly had 2x Zero/Farasis battery packs dropped off.
I am trying to find info on these packs but I cant seem to find any.
They are 102V, 64Ah packs meaning 6.528kWh capacity each.
They seem to only have the 2 power connectors, and 1 2x20pin connector for either connection to BMS or cell balancer or charger.
The Zero part number is PCM102064-D01 but the only reference I can find to that part number online is some sort of patent infringement lawsuit.

Does anyone have any info on these? We would love to be able to use them in a couple of projects we have including converting a small 2ft gauge railcar we have to electric and these would be perfect if we can reuse them.

MVetter

• View Profile
Re: Zero/Farasis battery pack info
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 04:16:01 PM »

Those are what are commonly known as a pair of Zero's 7.2 "Long Bricks". Inside are 28 cells in a 28S 2P configuration. The packs are designated as 64Ah from Farasis, but when used by Zero with their BMS they're capped to 57Ah for longevity.

The big question here is what shape the packs are in. Do they have any charge at all or are they just very heavy doorstops?

GibbseyNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 01:37:09 AM »

Thats the question. They are both showing 113.3V, but thats meaningless unless we can test the capacity.
I have access to a battery load tester, but would like to try and access the BMS to see if the cells are fairly even and so I can monitor it when I try and discharge it.
But before I do a discharge test I need to find a charger for it, or make one somehow.

Rio206

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 07:26:13 AM »

https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7561.msg63466#msg63466

Some kind soul lead me to this thread a couple days ago, and I was able to connect my pack to the computer and see all kinds of data.

GibbseyNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 12:06:02 PM »

I have a spare usb to serial cable and an old problen OBD2 connector I can use.

My issue is the long pack has a 2x20pin connector not the 2x4pin connector on that page so I have no idea of the pinnout of the larger plug.

If i am able to connect to the onboard BMS that would be amazing as I can then just use a CC/CV charger and monitor cell status from the BMS and can easily build these packs into a project we are looking at.

GibbseyNZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 02:18:15 PM »

Did some investigations. The 2x20pin connector is the header to go to the BMS. As seen in the attached image it seems 2 pins on left are the top of the pack (~115V), and about 5th row from right is bottom of pack (0V).
I dont know what the remaining 8 pins or so on the right hand end are or even if they are connected.
If I can confirm the exact pinout I may be able to reuse these 2 packs with an external 3rd party BMS.
Pages: [1]