• May 05, 2024, 06:51:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2015 Zero FX dead . . . this was my trade assist for a 2013 that died . . .  (Read 2281 times)

walla2

• View Profile

Triumph of Seattle called and updated me today.  They really seem to want to repair things quickly and have been great.  Both batteries failed and need replacement.  The charge unit may also have failed.  Looks like these will be the 5th and 6th battery to fail from Zero related to charging problems. 

I have many long term concerns about this bike but maybe 7 and 8 will change my mind? 

zap mc

• View Profile

Glad that it has been diagnosed.
It would,be very illuminating to know exactly why it failed and what the events were leading up to the failure...

walla2

• View Profile

Batteries are on their way.  The charging unit is being blamed right now for causing damage to the batteries and is at the dealership already.  The batteries are ground shipping to the dealership since lithium is forbidden on planes.  This does seem to be going better than last time around.   

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog

That's an expensive charger failure, if it's killed both battery packs.

Keep us posted, but glad you're getting some traction now.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

walla2

• View Profile

So, the bike was repaired on 6/19.  That was super fast compared to the last round. 

I picked it up a short 900 mile round trip for the 5th time on 6/26.  I was told both batteries failed.  The replacements are working fine and that the charge unit turned out fine as well.  This fix worked for a very short time on my 2013. 

I hope that the fix really works for the 2015 and lasts.  Thanks for the support and suggestions!
Pages: 1 [2]