Tech > Parts, Mods And Hacks

Belt guard [Zero 2013+]

(1/10) > >>

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
I was reminded the other day of the vulnerability of a belt drive; what felt like a nail embedding in my tire turned out to be milk carton cardboard getting pulled under/between the rear sprocket and drive belt. I pulled over and removed it pretty easily, but I've been wondering whether a guard is possible or available in some way. Even a reverse mounting of the upper belt guard would be suitable.

Any thoughts?

mistasam:
Yep, I'll definitely be making one.  Too many stories like that really make me want more protection.  I wonder if any other bikes (BMW or Buell) have em!

BrianTRice@gmail.com:

--- Quote from: mistasam on March 24, 2016, 01:56:37 AM ---Yep, I'll definitely be making one.  Too many stories like that really make me want more protection.  I wonder if any other bikes (BMW or Buell) have em!

--- End quote ---

It seems as though they're available by searching for "lower belt guard" across the web (just checked on EBay). The strange thing is I've got a spare mudguard which includes the upper belt guard and would work if I could cut out that part, flip it around, and bind it reasonably well to the swingarm. Maybe. The reversed orientation may be no good.

If you figure out a way to do it and reproduce your work (plans or just make a copy), I'd gladly compensate you. Maybe I'll figure out how to do the same if my idea works, since it'd hopefully be cheap.

mistasam:
Interesting!  Yea, definitely worth looking into.  I'm also going to try and reproduce what the original Brammo Empulse concept had, with that rear hugger:

Seems like it would shield you a lot more than what Zero (or even Brammo) ended up making.

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
That would be really nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version