• May 04, 2024, 04:56:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: E-XC shock damage prevention  (Read 1140 times)

tmgofer

• View Profile
E-XC shock damage prevention
« on: May 02, 2021, 01:44:22 AM »

Hi E-XC owners,
Washing my bike the other day, I observed a weird thing. The rubber cover that prevents rear shock from being sprayed with mud touches the shock's can-like element and abrades its surface. Looking at how deep the cavity is after 50mth I'm getting worried about loosing tightness of the shock.
Did you observe something like this in your bike?

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: E-XC shock damage prevention
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 02:40:20 AM »

Your post could have gotten puzzling in the translation.  Are you afraid the oil and nitrogen will leak out of the shock?  It says tightness.  Those inner fender mud catcher rub and wear on things, the swingarm mainly.  I would put some puddy type epoxy on it.  No I have not noticed but will look eventually.

tmgofer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 09:15:30 PM »

Are you afraid the oil and nitrogen will leak out of the shock?  It says tightness.
Exactly. The cavity is roughly 1mm deep now. I don't know the thickness of the aluminium but I'm worried already.
As a quick fix I've taped a piece of hard plastic to the can to protect it. Should work fine.
I wonder if this happened only to my particular bike or it's a design flaw in all E-XCs.

tmgofer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 08:00:55 PM »

@Fran K being in rear shock topic: have you been adjusting compression dumping (high or low speed)? Both screws seem to be hardly accessible...
Pages: [1]