• May 04, 2024, 05:19:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KTM Freeride E-XC Race Bike Build Article on DirtFirstRacing Website  (Read 1307 times)

DirtFirst

• View Profile

Check out www.DirtFirstRacing.com for a the full breakdown of Rocco Morse's SuperMini class race bike from the 2021 season. The bike was developed and raced in various Southern California Series,  including the SwapMoto Series at Glen Helen and the National Hare and Hound Series in Lucerne Valley.

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: KTM Freeride E-XC Race Bike Build Article on DirtFirstRacing Website
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 10:46:31 PM »

Mine says ready to race right on it.  ;D

I found this quote in your write up  "There has been talk by KTM, Honda, Yamaha and others to use a standard battery made by Panasonic for their future electric bikes."  Where does this bit of information come from?  The prior to 2018 batteries had one cell maker and the later ones the larger capacity ones had another.  From memory the first generation was Panasonic  and the second one had Sony cells.  do I remember right?   The talk of those three and Piaggio as well but the part about Panasonic making it is news to me.

I see a custom bash plate but no disc guards.

Your gearing changes seem not to equate well to the change in tire size.  Like how fast will it go,  and at what speed is max hp reached and torque goes down as further speed increases?   In stock form with an `11 tooth and I forget the rear one probably in the low 50's it tops our in the 45 to 50 mph area and goes up hills good at 35 and less.  Mine is a 2017 with the newer battery.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 10:48:09 PM by Fran K »
Pages: [1]