• May 04, 2024, 06:33:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: sprocket and tire fitment  (Read 1674 times)

Fran K

• View Profile
sprocket and tire fitment
« on: July 22, 2022, 04:36:14 PM »

The origional sprocket is 11 teeth.  I got some others 2004 ktm 200exc is the sheet I got the part number.  The picture is of a 14 tooth. 

For reference the bolt holding the spring washer on the sprocket shaft is normal right hand thread but has blue loctite.  Nothing in the owners manual I could find about changing the sprocket.

I wanted to know how big a tire would fit, or if a common tire for me and ordering at rocky mountain atv would also work here.  It barely fits 15 miles later no noticable contact with the chain.   IRC M5B 140 80 18 I run this one opposite the arrow.  More like a Trelborg from years goe by.

The existing chain worn from wear and the new 14 tooth sprocket did make some noises so I went back to the used 11.

I am getting about 20 miles on 3.75 kwh from the outlet.  It actually used just over 4 kwh when run down until it did not go any more.  I will get a new chain at some time and have some old but hardly used street tires to try.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 06:39:45 PM by Fran K »

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: sprocket and tire fitment
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 07:01:15 PM »

To update this thread, it still is not a full size motorcycle as the tire above does contact the chain in use.  Kind of knicks the top of the chain guard too and this chain guard has no material vertically seperating the chain and tire.

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: sprocket and tire fitment
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 06:21:16 PM »

I got my Metzler marathon tires mounted and 14 tooth front and 46 tooth rear and new chain.  Stock is 11/48. It will go up a hill at 56mph.  I went 36.5 miles and it took 3.65kwh from the grid to recharge fully.  Easy computation of 10 miles per kwh.  I am in West Virginia where if there is no stripe in the middle of the road pretty much anything goes.  Much quad, atv, side by side traffic.
Pages: [1]