• May 04, 2024, 09:41:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: KTM E-XC meets 390 Duke  (Read 1774 times)

JS Designs

• View Profile
KTM E-XC meets 390 Duke
« on: February 28, 2020, 06:12:35 AM »

Thought it might be interesting to add this forum , not much recent activity here on electric KTM. This was a project where I converted my freeride to a street / urban commuting style using salvage duke parts purchased on eBay.I just finished the first phase on the conversion and am working on getting it street legal. It is a blast to ride and gets a lot of attention, still a bit of work and will post progress here. Maybe we will see something like this from KTM in future .

JS Designs

• View Profile
Re: KTM E-XC meets 390 Duke
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 06:22:39 AM »

A few more recent pictures

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 05:42:45 AM »

Are you using a larger front sprocket?

The steering stem is kind of short on this bike, I imagine the Duke dimention is longer as the top clamp is raised.

My bike came with a liscence plate hanger to be installed presumably if one wanted to register it in a state that was not super fussy or paid not a lot of attention to the not for highway use stuff on the certificate of origion.  It is supposed to have necessary wireing less the blinker relay if I recall.  Headlight is pretty dim and those green charge lights are way too bright, I put a folded up paper towel over them when riding after dark.  Even still it goes slow so good I have rode off road after dark.

Is that a Duke swingarm?  Years ago I bought some street tires, metzler marathon, for a 500 two cycle single I had a plate on.  I might mount them some day with a different front sprocket when I replace the chain just for fun.  Part of the beauty of this bike is the brake levers on the handlebars, pulling equally hard in off road terrain, not sure how this will play out with the Duke front end.

I am pretty sure they had a sort of super moto variant for some of the European market.  all I have had to replace is the headlight bulb.

I have been able to look at the parts diagrams wandering from here.   https://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com/
I think the chasis parts for the most part can be found at bike bandit or similar for the gas bikes.
I think I asked my dealer if the side panels from the gasoline bikes would work, note missing on e/xc but did not get an answer.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:53:26 AM by Fran K »

JS Designs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 01:41:40 AM »

Swingarm is modified duke , there is an extension to the freeride head tube to fit the 390 fork.

JS Designs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 01:43:48 AM »

Modified brake mount uses freeride brake caliper with duke wheel rotors.

gregj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 01:55:04 AM »

I just saw this after discovering the KTM emoto . MOST interested.
Do you use it on the road and will it pull 100kph(60mph)? This could be what I am looking for. Range?
Pity KTM doesn't make a road version. It is one of the best designed emotorcycles I have seen. Trust KTM, when they do a job they tend to do it seriously.
  A road version would be exactly what I am looking for ( that power should allow 100kph with less frontal area and 17" wheels and road tyres).
A bit jealous

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 07:28:30 PM »

Awesome project - the bike looks great and I'm sure it is a blast to ride.  I had a 690 Duke and loved it.  It will be interesting to hear the answers to gregj's questions.  Have you weighed the bike?  It looks light.  I would also like to know the wheelbase.  Thanks for sharing with photos.
Pages: [1]