• May 04, 2024, 08:49:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 2-4 BMS Throttle Disable Fault Code  (Read 10667 times)

mikeisted

• View Profile
Re: 2-4 BMS Throttle Disable Fault Code
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »

Streetbike got back to me today with the expected news. No warranty is given with the replacement waterproofed BMS and no upgrade scheme available here in the UK.

Looks like a dead-end for now...

hippiesparx

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

I washed my 2014 S today and got the 2-4 throttle disable lights. I got the hair dryer into the rear anderson plug and all worked again.
2014 Zero S 2014 CFMoto 650TK
Fonzarelli Electric Moto dealer

woke

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »

The same has happened to me this morning.  I would guess its moisture related because a lot of the descriptions are after the bike has sat without use over a weekend, holiday, or similar, which was also my case.
I'll definitely try drying out the aderson plug.  Which one was it hippie?  Did you disconnect it first?

I see that Streetbike has announced they're selling Zeros again in the UK.  Good news.  I also received a letter about the upgrade scheme; I'll have a look at the details when I'm home.

Wes

hippiesparx

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »

The anderson plug under the seat that takes off board chargers - I think the water might've got into the two pins that provide a signal to the bms to close the contactor when charging.
2014 Zero S 2014 CFMoto 650TK
Fonzarelli Electric Moto dealer

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »

Just went out and unplugged the bike at my work garage (has the 240V Power Pack charging adapter) and getting the 2-4 flash error.  The bike was showing 74% charge when I plugged it in after driving into work, but now shows 00% charge and flashing the error code.  All other electrical items work fine on the bike, just flashing error and flashing "Green" run symbol and no throttle.

Send a message to my dealership and waiting for them come into work and tell me how to proceed from here.  Reading through this thread indicates that water/moisture is the problem that causes the BMW board to fail.  Just need to figure out how to get the bike towed to the dealer from my work garage.

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:57 AM »

Dealer took the bike in today.  They were downloading the logs when I left.  Nice thing about buyer for a big dealership, they gave me a loaner bike until my problem is resolved.

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/103815912141009624106/6390022278862880290

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 06:09:15 PM »

Dealer took the bike in today.  They were downloading the logs when I left.  Nice thing about buyer for a big dealership, they gave me a loaner bike until my problem is resolved.

That is the nicest loaner bike I've ever heard of (BMW R1200RS). Most are happy to get a 650cc bike.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »

After being at the dealership for 2 weeks I picked up my Zero SR today.  The service manager said they had to do a BMS update and that I could have done it from my Zero app myself.  So instead of me having to tow my bike to the dealer and waiting two weeks, Zero could be notifying owners about updates automatically via e-mail (since we downloaded the app) that one is available.  For a California company they are not working like a Silicon Valley operation.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2017, 02:54:32 PM »

After being at the dealership for 2 weeks I picked up my Zero SR today.  The service manager said they had to do a BMS update and that I could have done it from my Zero app myself.  So instead of me having to tow my bike to the dealer and waiting two weeks, Zero could be notifying owners about updates automatically via e-mail (since we downloaded the app) that one is available.

That's only true of 2017 models. Most owners here cannot do that and we're not attuned yet to ask a new owner to check for updates.

There's certainly still a missed opportunity in this space even for owners of older models just to be aware of updates, etc. Presumably they're aware of this and just going through a painful improvements process.

For a California company they are not working like a Silicon Valley operation.

I don't think most Silicon Valley operations are that competent. Many just throw money at problems and lie their way through it. I work in the area and must say I rejected an enormous number of companies that most think would be fine employers...
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Delnari

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »

Notice after getting the bike back from the dealer they left one of the seat bolts out and the front the seat was not installed correctly; you could see the orange power cables from the side under the seat.  When I pointed it out to them the service clerk question whether it actually came in with both bolts installed.  Thank goodness the owners stepped in and got him squared away on speaking with customers (purchased $60K worth of bikes from this one dealership over the last 16 months).  New seat bolts were delivered 5 days later with only a simple apology it took so long.  Evaluating my continuing  relationship with the dealership if they don't step up and offer me some type of service discount on my next visit after having my Zero down for 3 weeks to address a software update and service not putting the bike back together correctly.

One nice changed I notice after the software update is the adjustable top speed can now be changed to 110 mph, compared to the previous 106 mph ( as tested before).  Might need to find a nice place to see if the new top speed is actually obtainable or not.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:19:32 AM by Delnari »

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »

...after getting the bike back from the dealer they left one of the seat bolts out and the front the seat was not installed correctly; you could see the orange power cables from the side under the seat.  When I pointed it out to them the service clerk question whether it actually came in with both bolts installed....
The seat is never installed properly after bringing my '16 DSR into the local dealership. I bring my own tools everytime and check anything I think might be important until I get home, and then I check *everything* twice. Usually I catch a few things during the hand-off, and have one or two phone conversations from home about some missing parts. I don't think traditional moto service shops are a good fit for Zero Motorcycles save for the legal framework required to title and register 2-wheeled vehicles at least in USA.

All that said having a 2016 model year bike there's not much of an option for me to commission the motor, perform warranty service work, or software upgrades and diagnosis.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]