• May 05, 2024, 11:48:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Possible new owner - advice needed  (Read 1052 times)

gborgan

• View Profile
Re: Possible new owner - advice needed
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »

I primarily commute and take short fun drives around town.  Sadly, I have no riding friends to tour with.  I wanted to do day trips and such, but it’s never happened.

If I wasn’t upside down on my ICE bike I’d be jumping on this demo Zero no questions asked.  Sadly, I just don’t have the cash to pay my bike off to swap to a new one with as large of a monthly jump as the Zero would be even at a discount.

It’s still there a week later, so who knows.  Maybe they will reach out to me again with a better deal as it sits on their floor longer!
My father used to say “there will always be another opportunity.”  It was a full year between my first Zero test ride and my purchase of a ‘15 SR also as a year end demo.

IMO you probably already have the perfect bike to meet your needs and one that you could ride longer distances if you want. I’ve never been on one like yours but I don’t mind saying that the Zero has more range than I can basically stand to ride it in one day!  If you’re quite young and have not toured on big bikes made for that job (Goldwing class), you take it for granted. I have managed to get the SR suspension acceptable by loosening the damping in both directions but the tradeoff is loss of original razor sharp handling. I simply had no choice. It was literally causing far more pain than pleasure!

Here’s an old man’s opinion (grin)...don’t buy a seriously depreciating asset if you don’t have the cash. Financing is for things you NEED. No EV is a good investment except maybe for some sweet EV car lease plans. The Zero is a very interesting, unique ride...and for some, a must-have for political reasons, but after three blown onboard chargers in 18 months and the next one will be on me (about $1,000) I can’t exactly “recommend” it. 

Good that you seem to have a local dealer as I do. I really feel bad for you guys who have to ship your bike when something goes wrong. There’s a lesson there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]