• April 26, 2024, 05:19:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F - what is the number of the latest firmware?  (Read 662 times)

enaef

• View Profile
SR/F - what is the number of the latest firmware?
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:15 AM »

Finally - I got my SR/F and did my first 20 km. (Remember, it was my first time ever riding a motorcycle as the pilot ...).

It was good !!  :)

However - As I mentioned elsewhere - it's a demobike with 3800 km on it.

The Firmware my bike gives me says 5V02. That's nothing of a kind I can find on the Zero-Website https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/firmware/.

I also can't communicate with the bike. So I'm unable to update the firmware.
I guess I'll have to write to Zero as I may suffer from the same problem as Ooook did (https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9976.msg89492#msg89492).

Thanks for your help ...
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: SR/F - what is the number of the latest firmware?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:51:02 AM »

You need to register your VIN with Zero.  Presumably someone else has registered it, probably the dealer.  It's pretty easy.

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/warranty-transfer-form

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:49:29 AM »

You need to register your VIN with Zero. 

The dealer said, he has informed Zero about the new ownership ...

But he also claimed, that several smartphones could connect with the SR/F ....

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 04:54:47 AM »

Just do it yourself.  That's what Zero told me.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »

Yes you'll have to contact zero to get your bike released for registration with the app. We've seen posts from others here having a demo bike that ran into the same problem.

Mine was new from factory and I got just open the app and register within that app once it was connected over bluetooth. On connection the bluetooth icon turns blue in the app and the bike image changes from grey to the actual color or you bike.

Firmware version on the dashboard doesn't say much. I believe mine is also still listed as 5V02 there. You have to check within the app but for that option to be enabled the bike has to be connected. Then it should give you versions like 14 and up.

On the dash

Within the app

And this is just the connected state of the app

I'm currently stuck with this error
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »

I did register with the form, right after your first response Crissa.
I just wanted to express that obviously not all dealers know how things work in this case.

Im waiting for a response from Zero. May be it takes some time in these Covid-19-times ...

Thanks a lot Hans2183 for your information !

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 02:38:21 AM »

Hopefully!  We're on severe lockdown here in Santa Cruz, so they would be shut right now.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 02:50:53 AM »

I hope they can do it by home office.

I received this email (originally in German)

"Dear Zero Motorcycles Community,

In order to provide you and our employees with the best possible protection, we have taken the following steps against the spread of COVID-19:

The majority of our employees from our EMEA headquarters and external offices now work from home.
    Our offices and the Factory Service Centre in the Netherlands are routinely cleaned. All motorcycles, parts and accessories are also re-disinfected before shipment.
    The entire Customer Support Team is equipped with the necessary tools to continue to provide technical support and remote diagnostics from their respective work locations.
    We encourage Zero riders to familiarize themselves with the process of remote diagnostics - either directly on Zero SR/F and SR/S models or via the Zero Motorcycles app for all other models.
    We are implementing procedures to continue to quickly and reliably provide service parts for necessary repairs. Depending on volume fluctuations, there may be delays in the delivery of such parts orders as we reduce on-site personnel. In the event of bottlenecks, we thank you in advance for your patience.
    We will continue to monitor the situation, our teams, supply chains and the entire operation on an ongoing basis and adapt to the new situation as necessary.

Thank you for being an integral part of the Zero Motorcycles community.

Please also remember to protect yourself and your families.

We hope that everyone in the Zero Motorcycles Community and beyond will survive this difficult time as safely as possible. #staysafe

Your Umberto Uccelli
Managing Director Zero Motorcycles EMEA"

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 04:22:04 AM »

Still not able to register an account - it's frustrating ...  :'(

At least I was able to connect with Bluetooth. But even this took some time and several trials ...
The reason why it first would not work was the following: I activated Bluetooth on the dashboard of the SR/F
Then the ZERO_xxxxx correctly showed up in the Smartphone (Sams. Galaxy S9 Android 10) in the Bluetooth dialogue, saying that it was ready to pair. I Accepted the pairing request on the smartphone's screen, as it is written in the SR/F manual (4.4 Point 8 ). The phone just would not pare with the SR/F … I tried 10 times or more …
At some point I left that point out and went directly into the Zero Next Gen App and let the app search for the SR/F. Boom, that worked ....

However, I still was not able to register an account.
As I heard nothing from Zero after contacting them by the support form (additionally to filling out the Ownership Transfer Form) I called EU Headquarters.
They told me I should wait until the next morning and retry.
That did not help, although I deleted the app and reinstalled it before retrying.

I called again and was told, I should delete the app again, wipe the cache partition of the phone, install the app, wipe the cache partition again and try again. If that would not work, I should call the dealer (seller) who should open a call in order to do give them permission to do something with personal data from the seller.

So - after I figured out with the help of youtube how to wipe the cache partition (it has to be done with a button-combination while booting the phone) - I did all that stuff - with no success.
One important thing in the process was, that while trying to create an account the wireless lan had to be deactivated so that that connection would go by the cellular (SIM).

So - I've written to my dealer (seller), explained everything in detail and hope they will solve the problem.

To be honest I'm disappointed that this is so hard and takes so much time.  >:(

And – by the way: The Guy I talked to in the Netherlands said I should try to upgrade the firmware from 16 (which is on my SR/F as he was able to look up in his database) to 17. I should search for a point with a good cellular connection, otherwise the update would abort. They obviously were not happy with version 16 ...

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:49:50 AM by enaef »

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 04:20:36 PM »

Problem solved ...
It was my fault (at least to some degree).

While I always was in the log in mode I thought I'm in the register mode, as on the top right 'register' was written.
I did not realise that I have to press on that 'Register' on the top right in order to change to the register mode.

Certainly some stupidity on my side ::), but may be there is also some potential in the improvement of guiding the user in the app ...

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »

I believe mine is also still listed as 5V02 there.

May be it is the firmware version of the dashboard itself?

I've tried to update to No 17 today via dashboard. I rode extra to a point with good cellular connection. It aborted nonetheless. May be I'll have to ride to the dealer, as the upgrade by the app also does not work.
Pages: [1]