• April 27, 2024, 04:49:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Charging question  (Read 313 times)

dbpastor1

• View Profile
Charging question
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:21:20 PM »

I recently purchased a Sr/s and previously had a Sr/F. When I first got the Sr/s i could charge it and it would give me between 130-145 miles than after an update i started getting very poor miles after charging. I now get between 92-117 miles. I have called zero and it has been 2 weeks still waiting on them to figure it out. Another individual i ride with has an Sr/F and his starting getting poor mileage around the same update. I am aware that climate affects the range when riding, but I had not experienced it affecting the charging miles. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Charging question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »

I recently purchased a Sr/s and previously had a Sr/F. When I first got the Sr/s i could charge it and it would give me between 130-145 miles than after an update i started getting very poor miles after charging. I now get between 92-117 miles. I have called zero and it has been 2 weeks still waiting on them to figure it out. Another individual i ride with has an Sr/F and his starting getting poor mileage around the same update. I am aware that climate affects the range when riding, but I had not experienced it affecting the charging miles. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Is that actual range or the bike's estimated range?  I found on my 2018 S that after I ran the battery pack down to near empty and then recharged, the range estimator did a better job than it did originally when first picking it up from the dealer.  But keep in mind that my bike has the power tank, so that may have affected my experience.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

dbpastor1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »

Is that actual range or the bike's estimated range?  I found on my 2018 S that after I ran the battery pack down to near empty and then recharged, the range estimator did a better job than it did originally when first picking it up from the dealer.  But keep in mind that my bike has the power tank, so that may have affected my experience.
Thanks for the quick response.  The range I am speaking of is on the actual bike itself.  I have calculated several rides and the mileage that is on the bike is very close to what i get.  For example,  i fully charged my bike and it said a 100% SOC but registered only 92 miles. At the end of my ride i calculated the miles remaining with miles travel and it was only off by maybe plus 3.  My app also does not read the same as my bike. For example my bike may read 117 and my app 135 but all other items such as battery, current ride mode read just like the bike. 

Thanks again

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:05:32 AM »

Go by voltage, not by SoC. 116.4v is full, 95v is empty.
Pages: [1]