• March 29, 2024, 07:00:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Remove the bulb off of the headlamp  (Read 302 times)

shayan

• View Profile
Remove the bulb off of the headlamp
« on: March 31, 2020, 01:39:02 AM »

I have tried super hard to pull off the bulb from the headlamp, but unable to. It seems like its somehow "locked" in and does not move by more than a millimeter or so. Any recommendations on what else i can try to pull it off?
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

TheRan

• View Profile
Re: Remove the bulb off of the headlamp
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 02:03:32 AM »

Which bulb? The main bulb is held in by a locking collar, I think you turn it counter clockwise to release it. The smaller upper bulb is just a friction fit and you have to pull it quite hard to get it out, the wires seem to be rather securely attached to the holder so you're probably fine to tug in those (I did) if you can't grip the rubber bit. First time around I removed and replaced the main bulb with the headlight still attached and it was a massive pain, removing the headlight makes it a lot easier to work on and doesn't take much time at all (just four hex bolts, the upper ones are a different size to the lower ones).

Hero on my Zero

• View Profile
Re: Remove the bulb off of the headlamp
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:33:34 PM »

Removing the plug/the three wires from the actual bulb is indeed a painful job because it almost feels like they are glued to the 3 connectors.

It is a normal bulb like used in cars, so yes the plug/wires will come of if you apply enough force. You can also use a screwdriver as a lever to "push" them up/off.

Indeed like stated above, it is easy and more or less required to remove/detach the head light unit completely first so that you have enough space to maneuver. It is super easy to do that.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]