• April 29, 2024, 12:02:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SRS brand new and already a problem! Code 31  (Read 2106 times)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: SRS brand new and already a problem! Code 31
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2020, 04:18:23 AM »

I have a six year old S that I ride in the rain and only has a tarp (and a tiny radiant heater) to keep it dry in the winter.

It's probably just a really unlikely fault in your particular model.  New model lines always have a few things they don't anticipate and there's always that odd new bike where something went wrong early.  This is true of all electronics.

Good luck at getting your bike fixed!  Hopefully it doesn't take long.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22:57 PM »

Guys, I have a little update, yesterday I trie again to turn ON my bike and surprise! All works! I cleared all codes and he not com back. I hear the contactor now.
Same thing for today, the bike come back to the life. I'm affraid to take a long ride, may be is a intermitent probleme and it is possible to come back.

I trie to make the firmware update but is seam to not work. I see only the updade circle turn with out result.

What do you thing?

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 12:12:53 AM »

I think your bike and mine caught coronavirus and hopefully now have COVID-19 antibodies. Seriously, though, my bike has been running like nothing happened since it "dried out". Go on longer and longer rides until you feel confident in it again. If you have the time, download the logs and see if they captured the event. Your dealer or Zero might want to see them. I haven't been able to get the firmware update to work either. I read this isn't unusual, and one day it will suddenly work. Maybe that's something else your dealer can look at if they're open for repairs. Previously, it was sounding like your bike wasn't suffering from isolation faults, but the fact that now it's working suggests otherwise. You mentioned something about high humidity in your garage. If you think that might be related, is there anything you can do to mitigate the humidity. Riding often on warm days might help, but that's speculation. I hope you and I avoid what we've read about other bikes that needed to have the high voltage wiring replaced. Personally, I'm not happy with the way the charging port collects water.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:42:53 AM by DPsSRnSD »
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 02:17:52 AM »

Guys, I have a little update, yesterday I trie again to turn ON my bike and surprise! All works! I cleared all codes and he not com back. I hear the contactor now.
Same thing for today, the bike come back to the life. I'm affraid to take a long ride, may be is a intermitent probleme and it is possible to come back.

I trie to make the firmware update but is seam to not work. I see only the updade circle turn with out result.

What do you thing?
Glad to see it working again.  Sometime this spring, I will take my SR/F apart and make sure all the wire contacts have a good coating of Di-electric grease.

As for the update issue, I am guessing you are trying to update via an android phone over bluetooth.  This is a known issue for a while.  The guy who works on the android app needs to be slapped around a little so he fixes all the bugs..  If you have access to a iPhone, it seems to work much better using that (that developer should be given a cookie).   I have successfully updated to Ver 17 using my work iPhone.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 02:54:17 AM »

Finally, I updated the firmware successfully, ( 15 to 17) The Zero support guy said to me, you need to register to enable and make it.
Curously, in the dashboard, the firmware version is the same 6v26 if I'm correct, but with the Android the version is 17 now.

About log, I sent to the Zero Support. I hope the parsing WebSite will can read the SRF and S in the future.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:26:58 AM by GeneralSP »

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 03:02:12 AM »

6v26 is the dash firmware version. The app shows the Main Bike Board and Battery Management System firmware version. Glad you got it figured out!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 11:33:53 PM »

I'm glad it's working again.

I'm also not a huge fan of the way the charging inlet area deals with water and dirt (there's a drain hole but it's small so the whole area deserves an occasional contact cleaning for the pins and a wipe down around the port for dirt or leaves or whatever).

I do think taking the tank off and having a look at the DC-DC converter connector would be wise. Maybe there's not enough electrical insulating grease, or maybe the grease got displaced somehow.

For reference, ASI Compound 70 is the grease I've heard recommended from various people and by all accounts appears to be what Zero applies at the factory. I have no confirmation whether dealers are instructed to keep or how to use this grease, but I do know that the affected area needs to be really cleaned and dried properly before applying to avoid trapping the problematic dirt on the contacts by the grease.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 [2]