• April 26, 2024, 06:28:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F Bluetooth-Connection Problems & Cellular-Connection Problems  (Read 843 times)

enaef

• View Profile

First of all: Is there somewhere a user guide for the Zero Next Gen App, similar to the 'NOT next gen' one like here: http://www.zeromotorcycles.co.il/zero/app/help/ios/index.html or like in the Unofficial Zero Manual?

I would like to share my experience with bluetooth, may be it helps someone in the future.

Android 10
Samsung Galaxy S9

A)
First time setting up a connection:
After enabling Bluetooth on the SR/F-Dashboard I went into the Android Bluetooth Settingsdialogue, where my Zero was listed as 'available device' (original in German: 'verfügbares Gerät'). As used to from other devices like headphones etc. I clicked on the Zero device which moved it to the list of 'paired devices'.
After that I changed to the Next Gen App, where things did not work out - the app would not connect with the bike.
After I don't know how many unsuccessful trials and more than one day I 'UNpaired' the Zero in the Android Bluetooth Settingsdialogue and went into the App. After this things worked out.
Therefore in my setting one should not pair manually before going into the Next Gen App.
After that, the app connected flawlessly with the bike - for some days.

B)
After not using the bluetooth-connection for some days, yesterday I wanted to connect again but there was no connection possible. I tried everything including removing the app from my phone including wipe cache partition at the phone several times, reinstalling the app, with no success. I tried to connect my Nexus 7 V.2, again with no success.
Today I went for a ride and noticed by the way that the time at the bike was one hour behind. I had forgotten that summertime in Europe had begun last Saturday.
After trying to think of a reason why the connection failed tonight I remembered the time lag at the bike and thought of the obvious reason: Change to summertime. Then I realized that the time of the bike and of the phone would not match which might be the reason for the problem.
I changed the time at the bike so that both times would match.
It did not help even after a key-cycle.
Regarding the pairing I did NOT pair the bike manually from the experience when I set up the connection the first time (compare section A)) until then. Now I tried to first pair manually. Key cycle again - it did not help.
The app always told me 'Bluetooth-Connection inactive. Last connection April 4, 2020 xx:xxPM (where xx:xxPM was the actual time right then at that moment) and as in my settings of the app I had chosen '24 hours' in the time format, while the error message used the AM/PM format) I changed the preferred format to AM/PM. BOOM - after that the app connected with the bike.
Interestingly after that I could change the preferred time format back to 24 hours and the bike connected nonetheless.

I must say that I am happy the connection works again. I hope it stays that way.
But I also have to say that I'm NOT HAPPY that this gives such a hard time.
The app or the system feels frail and error prone. And I feel somehow like a beta tester ...

C)
The Cellular Information is still not working properly.
The 'remote connection' (original in german 'Fernverbindung') shows me the correct position of the bike in the what looks like google maps.  However it now says always '3 hours ago'. Before change to summertime it said '2 hours ago'.
The rest of the information is incorrect and always states the same incorrect values all the time.
The position is always adequate even if I have changed my position in the last minute. As this information '3 hours ago' always is given I wonder if this problem is also caused by these not matching times ...
Changing the time of the phone did not bring the solution.
Removing the fuse for the Cell Module for several minutes by the dealer did not bring the solution (a trial according to this: https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9521.msg90261#msg90261)
Connection status on the bike says it is not connected, despite the fact that it gives the correct position of the bike all the time.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:49:08 AM by enaef »
2019 Zero SR/F Premium & Rapid Charger

SkyYeti

• View Profile
Re: SR/F Bluetooth-Connection Problems & Cellular-Connection Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:29:40 PM »

The app or the system feels frail and error prone. And I feel somehow like a beta tester ...

Yes indeed, there are many times I have felt that I am beta testing the SR/F  ;)
Hopefully the only thing you beta test is the app connection to your bike and nothing else.

Hans and I (and a couple of others on this forum) have been beta testing the waterproofing of the spiderbus, which unfortunately meant the bike spending many weeks away at the dealers :(
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9668.0

Oli
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 02:07:48 AM »

So - the connection with bluetooth again does not work.
No summer time change since the last working connection.
Only God knows what's happening.

Frustrated again, and a bit angry ...  :(>:(

azymuth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 03:56:03 PM »

I have exactly the same problem.
I managed to pair my phone once or twice (Galaxy note 10+ on Android 10)
And like enaef, after a few days without riding, it was impossible for me to connect my phone to the bike. I also tried everything. Now I have totally abandoned this application  >:(
To change the modes, I use my old Galaxy note 4 (Android 9) which I can pair but which disconnects from Bluetooth every 20 seconds !!
Zero SR/F Red Premium
-- France --

enaef

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 02:17:46 AM »

It works again ...  :)

What happened ....

After the BT connection failed again and BEFORE I wrote my last post (10th of April) I had cleared the cache and the data of the app, with no success.
I tried agin after charging - with no cuccess.
I left the bike over night and tried again before going on a ride - no success.
I did a ride of 40 miles and when I came home tried agin - bingo - it worked. The only difference - besides the ride inbetween - was, that I had an ongoing connection between my SENA communication system in the helmet and the Android phone after the ride.
But who knows if THAT made the difference.

However - since then the connection worked.

And - besides - after the ride today I again was asked by the dashboard if I wanted to update the firmware. As I had another parking spot than usual, where other update-tries had failed - I gave it a try, actually not hoping too much and expecting an error message after a vew minutes with the information, that the process had been aborted.
The update actually went through - after about 22 minutes the dashboard came back, with a short illumination of the 12V Battery sign (red).
The app now shows Firmware version 17 for MBB and BMS.

azymuth, I very much hope you can solve your problems too. Well - first I will have to see if my troubles stay away ...  ;)

azymuth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 09:51:56 PM »

It works again for me too... but for how long ?

I did nothing more and nothing less ! I just reinstalled the app and it worked the first time.
Maybe a new version ??

Anyway, I will try to connect to the bike everyday  ;)
Zero SR/F Red Premium
-- France --
Pages: [1]