• April 26, 2024, 09:10:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F front rotor warp  (Read 343 times)

heroto

• View Profile
SR/F front rotor warp
« on: April 20, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »

1600 very gently ridden miles. At least one of the front rotors is warped. It’s under warranty for sure, but I’m far from a dealer and the expense of renting a trailer etc makes me want the easiest rather than the cheapest fix. I can buy new rotors online. Others have reported warped rotors on zeroes, so maybe J Juan has a rotor problem and another brand say Brembo would be smarter. Can I mix and match like that?

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: SR/F front rotor warp
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 03:42:19 AM »

Before getting too excited, make sure the rotor is actually warped by measuring its side-to-side movement with a dial indicator, or some other device.  It could be that the rotor is not warped but has a "hot spot" on its surface that makes the friction uneven.  You might try cleaning the rotor with a plastic dish scrubber and some denatured alcohol or brake cleaner first and see if that helps before you start replacing rotors. My rule-of-thumb with rotors is that if they vibrate when braking at high speeds the rotor is likely warped, but if they only surge when coming to a stop, the rotor likely needs to be cleaned thoroughly.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]