• April 29, 2024, 07:29:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blinkers/Hazards not working '18 FXS  (Read 600 times)

Verichai

• View Profile
Re: Blinkers/Hazards not working '18 FXS
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 05:39:57 AM »

Nearly every Zero owner has the same experience answering questions. You're not special.

Not sure what you mean. The same experience answering questions? Do you mean every owner has the same experience trying to get answers from Zero? If so, that's a shame.

Yes, I realize I'm not special, but I think I should be able to have my bike serviced at any Zero dealership I like. Especially considering the unique limitations of a vehicle with a limited range.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 06:02:47 AM »

Nearly every Zero owner has the same experience answering questions. You're not special.

Not sure what you mean. The same experience answering questions? Do you mean every owner has the same experience trying to get answers from Zero? If so, that's a shame.

Yes, I realize I'm not special, but I think I should be able to have my bike serviced at any Zero dealership I like. Especially considering the unique limitations of a vehicle with a limited range.

Yes, many owners wind up answering questions from onlookers.

The dealership experience is very uneven, unfortunately. Your point about the relationship to bike range is a good one.

there seems to be more going on here than they're admitting.

Like what? I'm just navigating this experience and sharing the process here for the reference of anyone who may have a similar issue in the future...

I did forget to mention that the dealer I bought the bike from never told me I was buying a demo model, so I was not aware of that until I learned it from Zero yesterday. I thought the bike was 'new' and assumed it had a full warrantee. I think I've conveyed my experience so far with complete transparency...

And I'm not mad at anyone...just disappointed in some of the aspects of this experience.

Alright. But that wasn't clear to the forum thread commenters, and it's still not clear that your relay is the culprit, or why you couldn't get a generic relay.

You can test your own relay with a 12V power supply and some wires. And any auto parts store will have CF13 or CF14 relays for very cheap.

If it comes to testing the wiring, any multimeter can help you perform continuity tests.

All I'm saying is that the dealer doesn't have to be so critical to the operation of your bike for cases like this.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Verichai

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »

Since Zero made a dealer visit difficult and because it turns out the bike is actually out of warranty, I tracked down a relay (Novita EP36) and swapped it in. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks everyone for the help!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:42:14 AM by Verichai »
Pages: 1 [2]