• March 29, 2024, 01:18:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Zero Sr/s Frustration mounting  (Read 2640 times)

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
Zero Sr/s Frustration mounting
« on: April 28, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »

Warranty replacement: Is it possible for a dealer to mistakenly order and install a standard charger on a premium Sr/s under warranty? Asking for a friend. Zero customer service please contact me. Thank you.
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California

daniels1216

• View Profile
Re: Zero Sr/s Frustration mounting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 09:47:03 AM »

Could Zero motorcycle have installed a standard level charger on my premium bike during factory build? I’ve never charged at more than 2.8kwh
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »

The premium is 6kW right? I think it literally has two standard 3kW chargers and they're visible just above the battery pack.

daniels1216

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »

yes its two chargers. With the srs fairing it's difficult to see above the battery pack

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 11:42:59 AM »

First, no. The 3kw chargers are identical, and two of them are present in the 6kw model.
Second, Zero does not monitor this. You'd be far better off emailing support@zeromotorcycles.com or calling them if you want their help. They may send you to a dealer who can get logs and perform additional diagnostics.

How are you trying to charge your SR/S? I ask because if you are using the supplied Turbocord, it is incapable of reaching 6kW and will max out at ~3kW. The only other way to max charging at 3kW is to have a defect in the charge harness or the chargers themselves. Zero and their dealers can assist with that.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »

I’ve never charged at more than 2.8kwh
Have you tried several different chargers while on the road?

Need more details on where you're charging.

-Don- Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 04:29:44 PM »

I understand some level 2 chargers drop to 3KW if multiple vehicles are connected (although I've not seen this myself).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »

I understand some level 2 chargers drop to 3KW if multiple vehicles are connected (although I've not seen this myself).

Steve

I have at the office.  The Chargepoint stations each have two cables.  If both are in use, each vehicle only gets 3kW.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 06:14:03 PM »

I’ve never charged at more than 2.8kwh

Do tell us more about where you are charging.
On my 120 wall outlet, I get 1.2kW

On my 240 dryer outlet using a Jesla adapter I get 5.5kW

daniels1216

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 06:55:43 PM »

I previously owned a zero Sr/f premium so that bike I could charge at 6.6kwh at local charge stations. So I tried each of these stations I previously would reach 6.6kwh but with my Sr/s premium I only reach 2.8kwh (with no other ev on the second porT. Additionally the port says 6.6kwh per port.) I’ve tried at least 8 different charging stations with the same result . With the home charge cord attached to a regular receptacle I reach 1.2kwh (normal). I’ve emailed zero twice and no response.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »

I previously owned a zero Sr/f premium so that bike I could charge at 6.6kwh at local charge stations. So I tried each of these stations I previously would reach 6.6kwh but with my Sr/s premium I only reach 2.8kwh (with no other ev on the second porT. Additionally the port says 6.6kwh per port.) I’ve tried at least 8 different charging stations with the same result . With the home charge cord attached to a regular receptacle I reach 1.2kwh (normal). I’ve emailed zero twice and no response.

Bummer, sounds like you lost one of the two chargers.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:24 PM »

You mention 6.6kW
I assume that you are referring to the capacity of the charge station, not the kW number on the dash during charging.
My understanding is that the 6kW capacity of the onboard chargers is a mathematical capacity, and in the real word after losses along the way, that turns out to be a bit less than 6kW.  I think the highest I have seen on my dash is 5.8kW

daniels1216

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 09:10:49 PM »

Correct the 6.6 I’m referring to is the charging station. On the dash charging has never been more than 2.8 kw on my Sr/s premium. On my previous Sr/f premium IVe seen 6.6 Max.

You mention 6.6kW
I assume that you are referring to the capacity of the charge station, not the kW number on the dash during charging.
My understanding is that the 6kW capacity of the onboard chargers is a mathematical capacity, and in the real word after losses along the way, that turns out to be a bit less than 6kW.  I think the highest I have seen on my dash is 5.8kW

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 10:16:43 PM »

Correct the 6.6 I’m referring to is the charging station. On the dash charging has never been more than 2.8 kw on my Sr/s premium.
Well that sucks.  You mentioned that you emailed Zero.  Have you reached out to your dealer?

On my previous Sr/f premium IVe seen 6.6 Max.
This still confuses me.  I expect the display to always be under the 6.0kW theoretical maximum.
I could be wrong.  I often am.
But so far with my Jesla and TeslaTap, 5.8 is the most I have seen on my display.

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 11:39:22 PM »

There are two wattage measurements related to the charger, what it's pulling from the wall and what it's putting out to the battery. Perhaps there's an option to choose between those on the SR/F/S dash or it varies by firmware version. Charging my DS the app on my phone will show around 1500w max so it's measuring the power drawn from the mains as it's only a 1300w charger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4