• April 29, 2024, 04:27:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Zero Sr/s Frustration mounting  (Read 2650 times)

daniels1216

• Zero Motorcycle SR/S premium
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Sr/s Frustration mounting
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 07:39:09 PM »

Ok, problem resolved!

After ‘priming the charger’ I was still unable to reach more than 2.8 so I returned the bike to the dealer where they found one of the chargers was not connected to the MBB. Problem solved. Plus I’m miraculously receiving charge notifications, charger disconnection notifications, and the like from the bike! I feel much at ease now.
10 year daily motorcycle rider, lifelong B.M.X. rider, and lifelong academic advocating for smart transportation in California

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2020, 03:43:07 AM »

Huzzah!

Sometimes you just need the tech to listen, huh?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2020, 06:24:47 AM »

The fact that you are consistently getting 3 KW is an indication of a problem. Most likely ( hopefully ) one of the chargers is not connected.
I use ChargePoint chargers if I wish to quickly monitor output. the 6.6 on the charger is what it is CAPABLE of putting out.
Identical 6.6 chargers around Vegas will output from around 5 to just over 7. This is solo use so no accounting for 2nd cable
in use. Each charger will always output the same, only difference is location. I figure that it has to do with power to the charger ( EVSE ).
My Zeros are Old School so don't have anything other than old Level I charger built in. I do have external chargers which will give me
a total of around 5 KW into the battery if on a road trip. MY feeling about the difference is that the lower output 5 is probably around 200 volts.
the 6 is probably around 208, and the 7 is probably 240.  The other option might be that they allow for adjustment on the EVSE so an owner
could lower the output for less stress on the system. Doubtful as all of the chargers at the signature station at NV Energy all output 6 KW whild
Atomic Testing Museum and Springs Preserve output over 7 KW. The onboard charger on any vehicle is not 100%, so you will achieve a lower amount
than delivered. My Bolt plugged in to a ChargePoint usually shows similar received to what is put out. My brother has a Kia Niro EV and says that
he generally gets around 6 if plugged into ChargePoint, and around 7 if using the Tesla Adaptor on a destination charger.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »

Ok, problem resolved!

After ‘priming the charger’ I was still unable to reach more than 2.8 so I returned the bike to the dealer where they found one of the chargers was not connected to the MBB. Problem solved. Plus I’m miraculously receiving charge notifications, charger disconnection notifications, and the like from the bike! I feel much at ease now.

Yeah I figured either a bad charger or not connected.  If you could tell from my earlier posts electric "priming" isn't a thing.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »

Ok, problem resolved!

Yeah I figured either a bad charger or not connected.  If you could tell from my earlier posts electric "priming" isn't a thing.

Well, it certainly should be.
Car (both BEV & ICE)  manufacturers are adding fake engine sounds (and in some models, you can't even turn the sounds off) so they sell better.
e-motorcycle makers should add a "prime" button feature like the setting that fuel tank petcocks used to have, which would turn on a fake fuel-smell generator.
I'm sure it would sell lots of bikes.
/s

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]