• March 29, 2024, 04:35:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Test rode a Zero SR/F  (Read 498 times)

Verichai

• View Profile
Test rode a Zero SR/F
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:44:15 AM »

..and it reconfigured how I think about acceleration and speed. It's not just how incredibly quick the thing is, or how it accelerates you down the road with an endless tidal wave of torque, or how composed it stays during this blistering acceleration...it's how smoothly and quietly it does all these things. No drama, no noise, no screaming engine note drawing attention to your speed, no maintenance and no hint of vibration or roughness.

It was, in a word, incredible.

I've owned and ridden a lot of bikes, some very fast bikes, and nothing, i mean nothing, goes like this thing. I can't imagine anyone with an extra twenty grand lying around test riding one of these and not buying it, it was that good. The throttle is like your own personal hurricane generator. A little twist and a few seconds later, your entire torso and head are pressing against 110 mph winds. And wind is all you hear.

It also made me realize something else; gasoline is going extinct.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Test rode a Zero SR/F
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 10:09:41 AM »

Awesome!  Glad you got a chance to ride one ^-^

I saw someone with temp plates on a blue SR/S yesterday tooling down an empty downtown.  Alas, I was on foot.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »

Just about everyone comes to the same conclusions who rides one (or has a go in a Tesla for that matter).

Cas :)

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 02:12:12 AM »

Totally agree, it's like the smoothness of a CVT drive scooter combined with the power of a sportbike
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---
Pages: [1]