• April 29, 2024, 10:32:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero SRS with OBD2 cable and Putty, possible to have access to MBB?  (Read 728 times)

GeneralSP

• View Profile

Hi folks, I built for my old Zero SR a OBD2 cable (USB to Serie) and all worked well.

Now I tries with my new SRS to have access to MBB. I saw only somes descriptions debug when I start the bike and when I put stand up or down, switch Off or on. If I type Help command, I see nothing.

It is possible to have access to the menu like the SR bike?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:25:04 PM by GeneralSP »

Auriga

• View Profile

Sure, it's possible to get the menu. SR/F and SR/S use CR+LF line endings at a 115200 baud rate. The older platform just uses CR. The help command works fine. Unfortunately, Zero has beefed up their security and removed or hid the log decoder.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:35:19 AM by Auriga »

GeneralSP

• View Profile

Sure, it's possible to get the menu. SR/F and SR/S use CR+LF line endings at a 15200 baud rate. The older platform just uses CR. The help command works fine. Unfortunately, Zero has beefed up their security and removed or hid the log decoder.

About CR+LF which place you set it? I tried In Terminal section, check Implicit CR in every LF, Implicit LF in every CR or both, I hit enter and nothing appear.

You mean 115200 baud rate not 15200?

Auriga

• View Profile

I use teraterm and it lets me set in the serial settings. Both is probably the right setting. That should be all you need, assuming your cable is working correctly

GeneralSP

• View Profile

I use teraterm and it lets me set in the serial settings. Both is probably the right setting. That should be all you need, assuming your cable is working correctly

My cable work great because when I power on the bike, I see a lot of debug line. I will try Teraterm...

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

Unofficial Manual entry for this configuration:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/MBB_Console#Serial_Terminal_Software

If you could capture a session (especially standard "help" output but also typical output of each command), please send it to me or publish it so we can understand the capabilities better. Thank you.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

GeneralSP

• View Profile

OK Teraterm seem to work good, only thing, I see all menu disparate, it not really readable. What is the good setting to have a great line order menu?

Auriga

• View Profile

I set the receive to Auto and the transmit to CR+LF. Everything is clear for me otherwise. I think you need to set the receive

GeneralSP

• View Profile

I set the receive to Auto and the transmit to CR+LF. Everything is clear for me otherwise. I think you need to set the receive

Ok yes, all work now with Teraterm, with Putty not realy. I extracted all the informations possible, but the event log is coded :( and I have a problem with the BlueTooth, I can't pairing any smart phones. I not find any thing about this in the menu.

Maybe on the advanced login menu, but I don't think anybody will give me in private this informations  :'(

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

Ok yes, all work now with Teraterm, with Putty not realy. I extracted all the informations possible, but the event log is coded :( and I have a problem with the BlueTooth, I can't pairing any smart phones. I not find any thing about this in the menu.

If you could message me about this and send what you're seeing, that would be most helpful.

Maybe on the advanced login menu, but I don't think anybody will give me in private this informations  :'(

Unfortunately, I have indications that Zero has locked this down to its dealership network, and possibly only using its own proprietary tooling while connected to their servers (though I may be confused about what a live connection with Zero actually is necessary for).

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Zero SRS with OBD2 cable and Putty, possible to have access to MBB?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 05:51:04 AM »

I have published GeneralSP's console session with some basic formatting to a new article:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Gen3/MBB_Console

This is fairly raw, and I'll have to fill it out over time, but most of the information makes sense and there's no big surprises in there.
Pages: [1]