News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NBD?  (Read 331 times)

Bass Cadet

• View Profile
NBD?
« on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:15 AM »

Zero has agreed to replace the battery in my 2014 S (originally purchased 10/15 so still under warranty) with a new 14.4 battery and spider harness. I think it could take a charge tank and would be a sweet ride. But I am considering trading it in for an SR/S. I keep going back and forth. The '14 S seems like a mostly reliable bike while the '20 SR/S is still too new to really know. I did do a test ride and that did not help with keeping the S.

Can anyone talk some sense into me?

BC

TEV

• View Profile
Re: NBD?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:16:34 AM »

That decision is between you and your bank accounts  😁
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 01:17:24 AM »

The FST platform has a lot of upgrades that would be nice. And getting 6k in trade in value is pretty sweet. Selling the bike probably won't net you too much more if you decide to later.

Charge tank upgrade is about 1.3k(I think), so I'd say if you want the charge speed upgrades I'd consider the new bike.

Plus, if they ever release a CCS fast charge solution(and I'd be surprised if they don't), I bet it'll only work on the FST bikes anyway.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 01:34:48 AM »

The suspension on 2014 models is not the best and hard to replace, so that is a factor in the longevity of those models. I was hoping to resolve it on my 2013 DS, but then it was stolen and I moved on.

The FST platform certainly is nicer, but it's more opaque. Zero seems much more jealous about those bikes, and it's not helping their serviceability when anything goes wrong.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]