• March 29, 2024, 09:57:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero hard bags removal fail  (Read 303 times)

nicktulloh

• View Profile
Zero hard bags removal fail
« on: June 02, 2020, 05:36:27 PM »

I installed Zero hardbags on my 2018 DSR last year and have never taken them off. Now I can't. The key is 3 position, obviously lock and unlock the top and I thought the middle (diagonal) position to remove the bags from the bike. No dice. Any ideas?

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: Zero hard bags removal fail
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 06:02:23 PM »

The Givi boxes?  They can get stuck.  Some graphite in the lock and percussive to the side should get the springs unstuck.

If you'd like, when it's light out I could take some pictures of the mechanism and maybe that'll give you some ides?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »

I installed Zero hardbags on my 2018 DSR last year and have never taken them off. Now I can't. The key is 3 position, obviously lock and unlock the top and I thought the middle (diagonal) position to remove the bags from the bike. No dice. Any ideas?
If you can open the bag, after it is open, press down on the plastic thingy inside the bag that would be just under the key assembly  if it were closed.  That is what releases the bag. That is the way I always release mine because the key design doesn't work all that well. As you press  down on that little plastic bar, you will hear a click as the bag releases.

After you try that, you will never try to use the key again to try to remove the bag. This way works so much better.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »

If you can open the bag, after it is open, press down on the plastic thingy inside the bag that would be just under the key assembly  if it were closed.  That is what releases the bag. That is the way I always release mine because the key design doesn't work all that well. As you press  down on that little plastic bar, you will hear a click as the bag releases.

After you try that, you will never try to use the key again to try to remove the bag. This way works so much better.

-Don-  Reno, NV

That's how I do it too.
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

carldev

• 2018 Zero S 7.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 09:19:41 PM »

Ha me too, open them up and then press down on the locking latch
-Carl
Pages: [1]