• April 28, 2024, 06:52:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My Zero SRF experience with 6.500 km since September (so far)  (Read 5535 times)

remmie

• View Profile
Re: My Zero SRF experience with 6.500 km since September (so far)
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 04:30:48 AM »

Attached is a picture of what I think is the spider bus. I found it on Facebook and it looks like either a replacement of the entire battery or maybe only the spider bus.

It's really an intricate piece of engineering. I can imagine that exchanging it takes a while (if it is all to be replaced)

here's some more info in another topic about the spider bus:
https://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=9801.msg91411#msg91411
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:49:49 PM by remmie »
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2020, 02:15:27 AM »

Nice find Remmie. Mine is finally going back to the dealer this week. Parts were in since March but due to corona they had to close and they-re finally opening again. He will perform the operation himself this time so it doesn't have to ship to the Netherlands. Shouldn't take too long (and I'm still not allowed to ride around for fun anyway). I'll update here once it is back.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2020, 01:44:53 PM »

And this time the bike was ready for pick up in 2 days! So definetely the way to go. Let them diagnose it and order parts if needed while you go home with your bike. Then once parts are in go back to get everything installed.

Can't really test it for the moment due to the nice weather... Also due to covid-19 I'm still working from home so no real use for it. But I'll make sure to report back if I ever get to ride in rain again or it fails for another reason.
--- Belgium ---

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2020, 01:58:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Hans.
Glad to hear that your dealer was quick to install the part once it had arrived. Hopefully more and more dealers will gain that capability over coming months.

Let us know how it goes in your next rain ride..
2022 Zero SR/F Premium

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2020, 02:15:40 AM »

Quick update on my story...

Today my SRF has returned - it's time for a party  ;D

In total they had my bike 121 days! (I've only owned the bike 185 days in total)
Anyway, it now has a new Spiderbus, new BMS, new battery.

I really really really hope the issue doesn't return.
Next rainy commute to work and we shall see  ;)

2022 Zero SR/F Premium

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »

Glad you finally have it back.

Myself I've added some distance to mine (around 10.500 km in total now) but really not that much since we're still working from home. I did one ride in rain, not too heavy. Had no errors so far. But last time I had to take it 3 times in rain to get the errors back and it was a lot colder back then so it might return only later this year. We'll see. For now it's fun to ride.
--- Belgium ---

PaulZero

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2020, 06:50:22 PM »

I’ve had the Front brake switch issue mentioned by the OP, and apart from that Error 15 (stability control) seems persistent but bike has only been in the rain twice.  I’m kinda dreading a return to the commute after lockdown.  Is it the CEL that needs to be illuminated after a rainy ride to trigger a ‘proactive’ replacement in the UK?

I agree with the other comment that surely a recall is in order but maybe Zero don’t know the affected VIN’s?

I’m now feeling like I need to get some decent wet weather riding in to get all the issues out of the way.

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:53 PM »

Is it the CEL that needs to be illuminated after a rainy ride to trigger a ‘proactive’ replacement in the UK?

I seems to be the CEL and Isolation Fault 43 that indicates you're now on the 'Spiderbus replacement journey' ;D

However, from what we can tell Zero don't appear to have a better/more waterproof Spiderbus to swap it out for. They are just swapping it for a new (but same design) one.
This is just an assumption though based on the fact that Hans had his replaced and he got the issue again within a couple of weeks so had to go back in for another one.

2022 Zero SR/F Premium

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 01:21:55 AM »

That makes it sound like it was a manufacture defect they haven't isolated or an installation difficulty that still crops up.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]