• March 29, 2024, 08:46:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question about Diginow  (Read 550 times)

zerovolt

• Zero s 11.4 2014, volt 2013
    • View Profile
Question about Diginow
« on: June 10, 2020, 07:44:44 PM »

I plan to put used diginow charger on my zero s 2014.   My bike have a new battery 14.4  and new powertank, and new MBB.

The diginow charger was on zero FXS 2018.

I have 2 questions :

1 )   Is the  Diginow controler the same for Zero FXS 7.2 and Zero s  and can i put this on my zero s 2014 upgraded with mew battery 14.4 with powertank and new MBB ?

2) i saw on a post , problems electrical isolation  with last versions bike. Do you think  it is safe to instal this used diginow charger on my bike ?

Thanks

Hero on my Zero

• View Profile
Re: Question about Diginow
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:04:58 PM »

Which version of the Diginow super charger are you considering?

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 10:57:42 PM »

I plan to put used diginow charger on my zero s 2014.   My bike have a new battery 14.4  and new powertank, and new MBB.

The diginow charger was on zero FXS 2018.

I have 2 questions :

1 )   Is the  Diginow controler the same for Zero FXS 7.2 and Zero s  and can i put this on my zero s 2014 upgraded with mew battery 14.4 with powertank and new MBB ?

2) i saw on a post , problems electrical isolation  with last versions bike. Do you think  it is safe to instal this used diginow charger on my bike ?

Thanks

How many chargers do you have, two 3.3KW units ?
Does the controller for the chargers have to be connected to the CAN of the motorcycle ( V2.5 ), to the Auxiliary Charging Port signal pin, or it have a switch to put the motorcycle in charging mode (V3.0)( not the switch for the J1772 inlet) ?
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

zerovolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:41:55 AM »

The model is V2.5. , i have 2 indépendant units 3.3 kw .Each one have his controler. No swicht,  can -bus communication.  i plan to use one with the inboard charger and sometime the other one with a second plug J1772

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »

The model is V2.5. , i have 2 indépendant units 3.3 kw .Each one have his controler. No swicht,  can -bus communication.  i plan to use one with the inboard charger and sometime the other one with a second plug J1772

Unfortunate, with a V2.5 controller you won't be able to use it like that. In order for the DigiNow chargers to start charging you have to connect the V2.5 controller to the communication  plug that is connected to the onboard charger,  so, the onboard charger will not work anymore.  You need a pan to install the chargers in the place of the onboard charger. Also, if those DigiNow chargers are not.from a pan installation,  then they will have to be modified in order to be installed in a pan. The modification, if isn't done by someone knowledgeable and skillful, can damage the chargers.
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

Hero on my Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 07:35:42 PM »

A lot of people put their chargers in a top or side box on the back of their bike. You then do not need the belly pan.

This set-up also provides you with a nice place for the Inlets (the socket where you plug your charge cable in) and a handy place to store your charge cables when driving. In this set-up you most probably need a fan to cool the charger(s). With the belly pan that is not needed because the pan acts like a heatsink.

If you want to continue using the stock charger, which I understand you would want to, then you could try to get yourself a V2 or V3 version of the brainbox, these do not have/need a CANBUS connection to the bike. A positive side of maintaining the stock charger is that you can use that one to put the bike in charge mode. Without the stock charger you either need a V2.5 brainbox or a special AUX Anderson set-up with a resistor and a switch to put the bike in charge mode.

zerovolt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 08:38:49 PM »

Tanks TEV and Hero on my zero ,

pardon me my mistake, the controlers are  probably V2 version. These diginows were on FXS 7.2 2018 and the seller told me that the bike must

be swichted On all the time when charging. 

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 09:05:00 PM »

Tanks TEV and Hero on my zero ,

pardon me my mistake, the controlers are  probably V2 version. These diginows were on FXS 7.2 2018 and the seller told me that the bike must

be swichted On all the time when charging.

You're welcome.
The problem is that the motorcycle will time out and turn off after 1 hour. Not a problem on a 7.2KW pack, because, will probably, be fully charged in 1 hour at 6.6KWh, or if you use the onboard charger in the same time.
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

zerovolt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2020, 01:50:02 AM »

Thanks TEV,

the controller is probably V2 version, but no signal wire connection to auxiliary port of the bike. This charger -controler was for FXS 7.2 2018. Can put this charger -controler to my bike Zero s 14.4 with powertank without problems ?

TEV

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 02:29:58 AM »

Thanks TEV,

the controller is probably V2 version, but no signal wire connection to auxiliary port of the bike. This charger -controler was for FXS 7.2 2018. Can put this charger -controler to my bike Zero s 14.4 with powertank without problems ?

As long as you use the onboard charger too, in the same time, to keep the motorcycle in charging mode, it should be ok. Start charging with the onboard charger, and after the motorcycle starts the charging session plug in the DigiNow charger.
2019 ZERO DSR
2020 ZERO FXS

zerovolt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 02:35:09 AM »

Ok. , thanks again TEV
Pages: [1]