• April 27, 2024, 02:29:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2010 Zero DS Charging Issue  (Read 942 times)

mark_Tannen

• View Profile
2010 Zero DS Charging Issue
« on: June 17, 2020, 12:24:19 AM »

I am unable to charge my Zero. Was working great but after taking the motor out to align the sprocket the electronics stopped working. Very shortly after the bike began refusing to charge. I am getting the red exclamation fault on the charger, and the fuses seem okay.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

edit: This issue was solved on the Facebook Zero Owners Group, the solution was to replace all the 4 tube fuses on the back of the battery box and hook the bike back up to power. This solved every problem we faced. Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:10:42 PM by mark_Tannen »

Infant

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Zero DS Charging Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 02:48:43 AM »

Will the bike still turn on (does the dash light up)?

If you can measure a voltage on the chare connector of the battery, you can see what the battery's voltage is. It might be possible that it's way too low, and the MBB is refusing to charge.
It's possible to force the onboard charger to charge the battery, but I would only recommend doing that for a very short period and only if the voltage is maybe in the ~30V range.

mark_Tannen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 05:55:33 AM »

Thanks for the info! I unplugged the connector between the charger and the battery and inserted two wires into the battery-side of the connector. The voltage was 44V, do you think that is high enough for the MBB?

The bike will turn on and run but immediately gives the beep code for low voltage (4 short beeps, 1 long beep) despite being plugged in all night. When it is plugged in the charger has the 6-red-flashes error which the manual says is an internal charger fault.

I'm thinking the Delta-Q Quiq charger needs to be replaced. I've read that you can't just buy a new delta-Q because it needs to be programmed for Zero motorcycles, but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy a programmed one. Do you know if there's a way I can fix my current charger? or program a new one myself?

Infant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »

Ah nice. 44V is still ok, but indeed does mean it's almost empy. Assuming all cells are balanced, that would be about 3.14V per cell.

The charger needs to see this voltage in order to start, so that seems to be ok. But indeed, 6 flashes will be a problem.
I'm sure you tried removing the charger from AC for a while?

Where are you located?

mark_Tannen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »

Yeah but which each day off the charger it'll only get worse.
I have tried to remove the charger for awhile but it hasn't helped.
Since I have been frantically looking for a new charger to try, we are located in Southwestern Ontario if that helps
Pages: [1]