• April 29, 2024, 08:25:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SRF/S why can we only have one custom mode?  (Read 368 times)

jonblow

• View Profile
SRF/S why can we only have one custom mode?
« on: August 30, 2020, 01:05:55 AM »

It’s such a shame that although I can set up lots of custom riding modes on my srf, I can only assign one of them to my bike with the app.
For example I have a city commute mode with max power/torque and max regen. This is great in the city as I hardly need to touch brakes to slow down and I regen a lot of battery power back too.
But on the motorway I want max power/torque but I want the regen set to zero so that when I take my hand off the throttle the bike doesn’t slow dangerously. Ideally I would be able to swap from city mode to motorway mode live as I was riding but because I can only choose to add one custom mode to the bike this is not possible.
Unless I am missing a trick somewhere?

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: SRF/S why can we only have one custom mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 01:13:50 AM »

Well, isn't one of the defaults already max power and regen?

At least, that's one of the defaults on my bike, and I thought the F-frame bikes had more defaults?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 02:37:52 AM »

According to another thread sport mode is 80% power, torque, and both forms of regen, although it remains to be seen whether a custom mode can be set above that 80% or whether that is actually "100%". There's no mode with zero regen or even less than 70% so that would require a custom mode.

One thing you may be able to do is modify the settings for in default modes, but it won't be particularly straightforward process and you'll need to buy whatever hardware and software is needed.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 03:14:12 AM »

On my 2018 S, setting the custom mode to 100% regen when braking definitely provides more drag when I brake by just barely touching the front brake lever than does eco mode. So I wouldn't be too surprised to hear that the 100% custom settings have a slightly higher top speed than Sport and more of a regen effect on closed throttle than eco.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

jonblow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 03:19:54 AM »

Well, isn't one of the defaults already max power and regen?

At least, that's one of the defaults on my bike, and I thought the F-frame bikes had more defaults?

-Crissa
Well on my bike the sport mode has max speed and power but only 35% neutral and braking regen. And sport mode is the only preset with max speed and power

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 03:57:31 AM »

Huh, on my S, Sport mode seems to be 100% power and regen.   My Custom is 60% power and 30% regen.

Weird!

Eco is low regen because it's meant to be used like Rain, you don't want to accidentally lock the rear wheel (which is so easy to do on my bike.)

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 05:03:28 AM »

Huh, on my S, Sport mode seems to be 100% power and regen.   My Custom is 60% power and 30% regen.

Weird!

Eco is low regen because it's meant to be used like Rain, you don't want to accidentally lock the rear wheel (which is so easy to do on my bike.)

-Crissa

On my S, the regen in Sport mode is less than that is eco mode. But I don't really know about the power as it is hard for me to tell which is better, Sport or 100% custom, as I never use full throttle or go faster than 80 mph.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 05:27:27 AM »

I guess they really are hard coded!

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: [1]