• April 25, 2024, 11:02:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DSR Seat Comfort/ Passenger Comfort and Custom Seat Options  (Read 346 times)

Snow4us

• View Profile

With Covid opening up the calendar, I'm finally getting time to put some miles in on my 2017 DSR.  I could not stand the stock DSR seat and purchased a Corbin custom seat used from a user on this forum in 2018.  I have been riding a few hundred miles and I really don't like the Corbin seat (curently for sale in the classifieds section).  I would like to finally get a comfortable setup that makes my DSR fun to ride and tour with.  On another note, I was super excited to take my SO on rides, but she refuses to go on anything more than 20min becuase of the poor passenger seat comfort on both the stock seat and Corbin. 

What are my options from here? 

-I see that Zero now has a touring seat, however there's only one thread on here that mentions that seat and I can't find any reviews.  Even if it's more comfortable than the stock seat for me, i'm assuming it would still be uncomfortable for the passenger.

-People seem to have luck with Airhawk cushions, has anyone used them?  What size pad works for the stock DSR seat?  Again, this solution wouldnt work for my SO unless a company makes a cushion small enough for the passenger portion of the Zero seat.

-My final last ditch option would be to reach out to a local custom upholstry shop (I live in central WI) and have them make something custom with a nice passenger seat.  I noticed that Terry H has a awesome passenger seat, but I cant find any information about how that setup was achieved. 

If y'all have any suggestions, I'm all ears.  I would love to join the 500 mile club and do some touring, as well as take the lady for more rides, but right now neither of those are posisble due to the seat killing me after 100-200 miles.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
Re: DSR Seat Comfort/ Passenger Comfort and Custom Seat Options
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 09:16:40 AM »

Twenty minutes doesn't even get to another charging station, let alone there and back on a charge!

Good luck ^-^

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Snow4us

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »

Yea, you're telling me!  I would just get her her own bike, but Zero seat height is way too tall.  Maybe I should build her a sidecar haha

Snow4us

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 08:03:26 PM »

FYI I decided to purchase the Zero touring seat to see if it is a good enough improvement.  I will post a review once I get it in and give it a ride.
Pages: [1]