• April 28, 2024, 08:04:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: No lights on BMS  (Read 1314 times)

Auriga

• View Profile
Re: No lights on BMS
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2020, 11:00:21 PM »

Yes, the battery warranty would cover the BMS. It might be tricky to get a dealer to order three expensive parts without them doing their own diagnosis. Zero screens orders of those parts, so they would call and ask why the dealer was ordering those.  For Zero to cover anything under warranty, it'd have to be looked at by a Zero tech and probably a Zero HQ engineer. They also have to be programmed to each individuals bike, and Zero is not open on weekends. Zero HQ is evacuated due to wildfires, but I think order for Zero HQ was lifted, so hopefully they'll be back to ship parts sometime next week.

I guess it's a bit of a gamble, but Zero would probably discount/warranty more than you'd save by ordering out of pocket. Looking at about 400 for an MBB, 550 for the BMS, and 370 for the DCDC, plus probably 2-3 hours shop labor replacing all those things.

PVNRG

• 2021 EGO+ RS 2016 DSR
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2020, 11:25:20 PM »

Thanks. You have convinced me to wait.

I will perform further testing this weekend to determine if the DC/DC is failed. Going to go get my benchtop variable power supplies and a whole lot of other equipment from my electronics lab today. Will hook up the current limited voltage limited variable power supply with very conservative overcurrent fuse protection to the DC/DC converter input and see if it works independently of the bike.

Will also do the same with the MBB and see if the console becomes available. Are pins 7 and 18 the only power inputs required to wake up the MBB?
Hunter

2021 Energica EGO+ RS

2016 Zero DSR
37k miles August 2020
Consumed 3 sets of tires and 3 belts so far.

Auriga

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2020, 11:36:56 PM »

That's a tough question. Since the MBB works without the DCDC, I'd hazard a guess and say those are the only power pins. I do not know what the MBB would do if it does not detect a BMS over CAN.

Pages: 1 2 [3]