• April 28, 2024, 02:07:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Zero SRF/S better mode than sport mode?  (Read 1922 times)

TireFryer426

• View Profile
Re: Zero SRF/S better mode than sport mode?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 01:49:51 AM »

Ok, mean, The famous beast mode is just a legend. Sport mode is already at maximum.

Right, but if you want to do something different with regen.  I have my braking regen set to 100% and my coasting regen is at 30 or 40%

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2020, 02:32:28 AM »

Okay I think I just discovered something in the app source code...I was looking for other information but then quickly checked the RideMode implementation cause I remembered this thread where people were talking about that beast mode... An option to have more power than the Sport mode config.

It's probably written in Kotlin which compiles to Java so all this is more like generated Java code. Anyway there is this RideMode class with this constructor. Just try to follow me on the constructor arguments here, these all have a specific setting. For example the name of the mode or the integer values for torque, power, brake regen, coast regen, ...

public RideMode(@NotNull RideModeType rideModeType, @NotNull String str, @NotNull TractionControlType tractionControlType2, @NotNull AbsControl absControl2, int i, int i2, int i3, int i4, int i5, int i6, @NotNull DashboardTheme dashboardTheme, @NotNull DashboardTheme dashboardTheme2) {
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(rideModeType, Param.TYPE);
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(str, "name");
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(tractionControlType2, "tractionControlType");
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(absControl2, "absControl");
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(dashboardTheme, "currentDashboardTheme");
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(dashboardTheme2, "originalDashboardTheme");
        this.type = rideModeType;
        this.name = str;
        this.tractionControlType = tractionControlType2;
        this.absControl = absControl2;
        this.maxSpeed = i;
        this.maxPower = i2;
        this.maxTorque = i3;
        this.neutralRegeneration = i4;
        this.brakeRegeneration = i5;
        this.swap = i6;
        this.currentDashboardTheme = dashboardTheme;
        this.originalDashboardTheme = dashboardTheme2;
    }

And then there is a set of pre defined zero specific ride modes all implemented with the ZeroRideMode subclasses. Super indicates it's a call to this previous constructor. Most parameters speak for themselves. Order for the integer values after AbsControl and before DashboardTheme is:

this.maxSpeed = i;
        this.maxPower = i2;
        this.maxTorque = i3;
        this.neutralRegeneration = i4;
        this.brakeRegeneration = i5;
        this.swap = i6;

ECO 
super(rideModeType, string, TractionControlType.STREET, AbsControl.ON, 70, 60, 60, 80, 100, 1, DashboardTheme.DARKGREEN, null);

RAIN
super(rideModeType, string, TractionControlType.RAIN, AbsControl.ON, 60, 60, 60, 70, 70, 1, DashboardTheme.DARKBLUE, null);

SPORT
super(rideModeType, string, TractionControlType.SPORT, AbsControl.ON, 100, 80, 80, 80, 80, 1, DashboardTheme.LIGHTORANGE, null);

STREET
super(rideModeType, string, TractionControlType.STREET, AbsControl.ON, 80, 75, 75, 75, 75, 1, DashboardTheme.LIGHTBLUE, null);

So far so good but there is also a 5th option that isn't on the dashboard.

SPORTPLUS
super(rideModeType, string, TractionControlType.SPORT, AbsControl.ON, 120, 100, 100, 100, 100, 1, DashboardTheme.LIGHTORANGE, null);

I have yet to check what the custom ride mode that is set with these sliders per value accepts as min and max value but it's likely also limited to the values for SPORT and in that case indeed it's not all the way but limited to 100 mph and 80% of torque and power. While the hidden sport plus mode dus 120 mph and 100% torque and power.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2020, 02:47:40 AM »

Well that doesn't add up with the specs that Zero give, which are a top speed of 124mph and a sustained speed of 110mph. Can you confirm that eco, rain, and street are limited to 70, 60, and 80mph respectively? I did wonder if it could be a percentage instead but then the numbers seem a bit high for eco and rain (75 and 87mph).

I'd also like to see what numbers come back for a maxed out custom mode. I don't think they would tie it to the sport mode limits because then you can't get 100% brake regen which otherwise exists in eco mode.

Gains

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2020, 02:52:41 AM »

What is the current limit of the controller?

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2020, 03:07:29 AM »

I added the mph, that must be wrong then indeed. It's just an int and all I know for sure is that the value in kmh for ECO is actually 120 kmh so 75 mph. So not the 70 value that is listed here.

For the code setting the values from the user interacting with the slider I can only see they do some checks on brake vs coast regen and that the max speed value is + 60 ?

public final void onSeekBarProgressChanged(@NotNull SeekBar seekBar, int i, boolean z) {
        Intrinsics.checkParameterIsNotNull(seekBar, "seekBar");
        RideMode rideMode2 = this.rideMode;
        if (rideMode2 != null) {
            switch (seekBar.getId()) {
                case C1485R.C1487id.sb_power /*2131296724*/:
                    rideMode2.setMaxPower(i);
                    this.maxPower.set(i);
                    return;
                case C1485R.C1487id.sb_regen /*2131296726*/:
                    rideMode2.setNeutralRegeneration(i);
                    this.neutralRegeneration.set(i);
                    if (this.neutralRegeneration.get() > this.brakeRegeneration.get()) {
                        this.brakeRegeneration.set(this.neutralRegeneration.get());
                        return;
                    }
                    return;
                case C1485R.C1487id.sb_regen_brake /*2131296727*/:
                    rideMode2.setBrakeRegeneration(i);
                    this.brakeRegeneration.set(i);
                    if (this.brakeRegeneration.get() < this.neutralRegeneration.get()) {
                        this.neutralRegeneration.set(this.brakeRegeneration.get());
                        return;
                    }
                    return;
                case C1485R.C1487id.sb_speed /*2131296729*/:
                    rideMode2.setMaxSpeed(i + 60);
                    this.maxSpeed.set(i);
                    return;
                case C1485R.C1487id.sb_torque /*2131296730*/:
                    rideMode2.setMaxTorque(i);
                    this.maxTorque.set(i);
                    return;
                default:
                    return;
            }
        }
    }
--- Belgium ---

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2020, 05:00:24 AM »

Well that doesn't add up with the specs that Zero give, which are a top speed of 124mph and a sustained speed of 110mph. Can you confirm that eco, rain, and street are limited to 70, 60, and 80mph respectively? I did wonder if it could be a percentage instead but then the numbers seem a bit high for eco and rain (75 and 87mph).

Why would you assume those values are MPH and not percentages

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2020, 05:09:52 AM »

I don't think it's either because neither match up with the actual limits. If the eco speed limit is 70% at 75mph then 100% would be 107mph where as Zero say it will do 124mph.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2020, 11:39:11 AM »

120% of 107 is 128...

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »

Well you enter it as an mph value in the UI, even if you have the app set up to use metric it's still mph. See screenshot I shared earlier. But doesn't matter since it doesn't match with the actual values.

Plus there is this +60 action on storing it.

Default sport mode value is 127 mph in UI, received as 100, stored as 160.
Default sport plus mode is unknown in mph, received as 120, stored as 180.
--- Belgium ---

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2020, 03:50:26 PM »

120% of 107 is 128...

-Crissa
Which would mean that the SR/F would only be able to reach its specified top speed in a mode that is inaccessible. I don't own one to test it but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have and we would have surely have heard about the top speed being 20mph lower than it's supposed to be.

Hans2183

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »

No it indicates that there is a hidden mode with a higher top speed than what is in specs. But I'm more interested in those higher torque and power values anyways cause 124mph is way more than what I need.

The zero specs aren't all that specific anyway  8)

It should have 190Nm of torque and yet on my first ride I recorded data with their own app and got a peak value of 200 Nm.

Top speed should be 124mph and still in custom mode you can't go over 120mph and it sport it's set to 127mph.

--- Belgium ---

Kappi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2020, 08:26:21 PM »

Out of couriosity, if Zero were able to make the SRS / SRF perform significantly better by changing a few mode figures, wouldn't they do so just for competitivenesses sake?
1992 Yamaha FZR 1000
1996 Honda CB "Two Fiffty"
2017 Zero SR 13.0 (14.4)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 02:50:06 AM »

...Because those settings might result in the bike having a significantly shortened lifespan?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

didierm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2020, 02:55:58 AM »

As I am personally unable to reach 0-60 mph (actually 0-100 km/h) in less than 3.5-4 seconds, IMH[1]O  the SR/F simply needs a Sport Plus mode.
Or I need to loose some weight.

([1] says the guy who is too chicken to disable ABS/traction control)

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:06 AM »

Turning off traction control shouldn't help, the computer can manage the torque better than you can so just go full throttle straight from the beginning. When you're already accelerating from a stop faster than anything short of a super car (and probably giving them a run for their money in a rolling pull) I think more speed is a want, not a need.
Pages: 1 [2] 3