• April 28, 2024, 05:45:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zero fxs left hand brake  (Read 1720 times)

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
Re: Zero fxs left hand brake
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 03:16:57 AM »

I received the adjustable lever I mentioned above.  It is actually for the right side and I modified the brake light switch part for use on the left side.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:36:54 PM by stargazerinwg »

ieism

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »

That brake lever looks a lot better than the stock lever.
I guess I didn't explain correctly, but I had no intention to put a rear brake lever on the bars.  ;DI just want the front brake on the left so I have no lever on the throttle hand. I feel like since the throttle is so sensitive I sometimes have trouble easing off the brake and rolling the throttle smoothly. Especially in the dirt it would feel more natural to divide these tasks between two hands.

But feel free to also continue discussing the rear brake conversion as that makes sense for some applications as well.

stargazerinwg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »

Got it - understand now.  You would still need to change out master cylinder and lever so what I did here still may be a possibility for you for moving the front brake from right handlebar to left.  In any case, it is nice to have the adjustable lever to accommodate different size hands and preferences.

Calidave

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »

Finally did the conversion on my 2019 FX, with a Brembo clutch master on the left for the rear brake, and ditching the rear brake peddle entirely. Also, just bypassed the ABS. 72" cable is the right length.
Naturally, it's all a matter of personal preference, but I absolutely love the change. Helps immensely with riding comfort and having all brake controls at my hands fits with my 30 years of mountain biking experience (though front/rear are at opposite hands).
No more "dead foot" after long technical descents, or foot cramp on long rides.
Pages: 1 [2]