• April 26, 2024, 12:54:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: beta software/firmware on SR/F?  (Read 303 times)

AutoE

• View Profile
beta software/firmware on SR/F?
« on: July 31, 2020, 06:44:41 PM »

I've heard stories recently regarding not quite cooked software/firmware on the SR/F.   Looking for some confirmation of this.  This certainly was an issue with the apparent FW updates "beta-testing by owners".  We heard of a number of issues.  Accounts of the SR/F shutting down?  Locking up?  Reseting?  If not comfortable replying here, you can PM me, email me at marc@autoelectric.co.il or send details via WeTransfer.com to the same email address.  We just got our hands on a new SR/F and before decompiling the code are crowd sourcing any wisdom on any known "defects" or "fails".

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: beta software/firmware on SR/F?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:11:43 PM »

Then you probably already found their changelogs. That should get you most information.

This message is so full of speculations. We sure don't get beta releases... Everyone gets the same production release. It just has bugs from time to time. Some are noticed, others are silently fixed or just remain in place.

The update proces isn't very smoothly. Since a few updates we can now manually trigger the update from the app. I had to do so several times before getting the last update cause it kept failing on my bike. Didn't make the bike useless at all, just didn't have the latest and greatest.

For Europeans there was an issue a few updates back where the locking mechanism of the charge pistol didn't release right away. We had to toggle the ignition a few times before it released. That was fixed. Before that the pistol simply wouldn't lock in place while charging.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

AutoE

• View Profile
Re: beta software/firmware on SR/F?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »

One of many problems with an OEM promoting "illegal" OTA updates
Pages: [1]